Winter NAMM 09 flood begins

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
kuroichi
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Winter NAMM 09 flood begins

Post by kuroichi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:44 am

Isn't VOLTA technically at least relative to analog....

And really not only are there plenty of analogue machines about, but if you think about the new Acidlab Miami, the rumored FutureRetro product, the metasonix stuff (alright, thats cheating a bit ;) ), as well as all the other stuff new or nearly available (MoPho, loads of modular pieces etc), we've hardly got anything to complain about....

I mean, I doubt many of you have a completely digital free recording process anyway (I'm aware that some of you do...), and involve some kind of conversion/digital synthesis/sampling along the way...
Come on Bennett.... Let's Party!

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:42 pm

kuroichi wrote:Isn't VOLTA technically at least relative to analog....
of course 8)

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:53 am

What the APC40 ships next week?

Pro Sound And Stage Lighting - Akai APC 40 $399 Free US Ground Shipping

I think PSSL is based in Cypress which is not that far away. :D I just need $399. :lol:
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

novielo
Gear: in order of appearence:
sh2000 s612 nord modular mpc1000 kp3 ms-something cp-251 gameboy s6000 and other crappy stuff
Band: one-man band
Location: by the river, st-jerome, quebec, canada, north america

Post by novielo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:56 am

RobotHeroes wrote:I just need $399. :lol:
+ tx ;-)
-Save yourself the time and have a conversation with a plastic chair. -RobotHeroes

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:07 am

RobotHeroes wrote:What the APC40 ships next week?

Pro Sound And Stage Lighting - Akai APC 40 $399 Free US Ground Shipping

I think PSSL is based in Cypress which is not that far away. :D I just need $399. :lol:
Does it work with Live 7 or do you need to wait for 8 to come out?

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:21 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:Does it work with Live 7 or do you need to wait for 8 to come out?
Yeah it works with 7 and even previous full versions. Says this in description.
There's also a free patch that upgrades full versions of Live so if you're already a Live user, you can take full advantage of the APC40.
Also comes with a Lite version. So it's ready to roll.

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:29 am

novielo wrote:
RobotHeroes wrote:I just need $399. :lol:
+ tx ;-)
Damn yer right. Another 31 bones. :lol:

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:45 am

Ah looks like Guitar Center is gonna get them on the 20th. Since GC is gonna have them I can just drive to it and check it out in person. Almost makes me want to apply for one of their cards with no interest or payments for 12 months. Danger danger! No! :lol:

polardark

Post by polardark » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 am

I noticed nobody mentioned that horribly named PCM beat box "Beat Thang". You'd have thought having the Little Phatty and the MoPho on the market would make me used to horrible names but hearing "Beat Thang" still sends unpleasant shivers down my spine.

It seems to be a fairly interesting sort of thing though. If i was in the market for a beat box (and i'm not) i'd feel tempted. Seems to be one of those rare products designed by people who actually thought about how to use it. It even has a built-in battery. Then again there are so many products out there that seem brilliant in theory (Alesis Fusion anybody?) but fall short of delivering in reality. Let's see which one the "Beat Thang" is.

jaypodesta

Post by jaypodesta » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:50 am

polardark

Post by polardark » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Yeah. I saw that thread after posting. Then again it deserves to be in the NAMM flood thread :)

In that pic i guess the Beat Kangs are the designers and the middle-aged bald guy is their target group?

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by griffin avid » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:42 pm

The good people at Producer's Edge Digital Magazine released a special NAMM 2009 issue.
Special Issue 05 Winter NAMM 2009
http://www.producersedgemagazine.com/

We went, we saw, we filmed. We're coming at you as the last word concerning the manufacturer's convention.

"Our mission is to unify, lead and strengthen the global music products industry and to increase active participation in music making." -NAMM

Producer’s Edge, the Digital Edition, returns with Winter NAMM 2009 coverage. Be sure to enter the Win a DSI MOPHO contest and get yourself a nasty little analogue noise box for the trouble.

IK Multimedia plugs in a plug-in for anyone who becomes a full XC Subscriber before April 30th. Yes, a FREE T-Racks 3 EQ plug-in for all new subscribers. That simple.

XC Subscribers, check your email. New downloads are available.

Tap into the Creative Journal of Hip hop, R&B and Rap Music Production.
http://www.producersedgemagazine.com/

and here's a video about the Digital magazine format...
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

impaler42
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Ensoniq Fizmo, Yamaha FS1R, E-mu Ultra Proteus, Korg Wavestation SR, Waldorf Blofeld
Band: Grainshifter

Post by impaler42 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:17 pm

guess most places have moved up the ship date of the apc40 to may and june. sucks. i wanted one sooner.
electronic music forever

http://www.grainshifter.com[/url]

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:37 am

impaler42 wrote:guess most places have moved up the ship date of the apc40 to may and june. sucks. i wanted one sooner.
Yep. Some places had them for this week but I see they've updated their pages. I emailed Nova about their NAMM deal on one, as well as ship date, and they said scheduled for first week of April.