Winter NAMM 09 flood begins

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Gianni

Re: Winter NAMM 09 flood begins

Post by Gianni » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:01 pm

I don't think anyone has mentioned it so far, but there is a V-Piano: http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... arentId=72

And some demos of the AX-Synth are around the web, and it sounds ... well, it could still work as a controller. :wink:

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:33 pm

JSRockit wrote:
Blue Monster 65 wrote:
JSRockit wrote:As with everything Korg...it is now...but in no time these will sell for $400 in the shops.
Or ... Ahem! ... someone here will buy one and then someone else will buy it from them for a lesser price ... :D

And I really don't want to know why you "need" that pedal ...

Scott
Huh? When's the last time I bought and sold anything? And what the f**k pedal are you talking about? Nice try at a diss, but it didn't make sense. :lol: Also, why the hate towards me? Did I do something to you in the past?
geigercounter ring a bell?

Lighten up JS, he's just teasing you... I doubt there was any hatred behind that post.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Post by Johnny Lenin » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:38 pm

Gianni wrote:And some demos of the AX-Synth are around the web, and it sounds ... well, it could still work as a controller. :wink:
There's a good one on Sonic State.

While I'm not a keytar kinda guy, there are some things I really like about the AX-Synth:

* Adjustable after-touch with a knob
* Portamento switch
* Hold switch
* Bender mode -- which I think would be really useful in non ROMguitar patches.

I'd like to see those migrate to the front panel of all Roland ROMplers. Of course, I could just program the open switches of my Fantom, but I don't think I can select these functions.
Last edited by Johnny Lenin on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: .com, mpc, and a studio full of behringer clones.

Post by wiss » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:41 pm

"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:44 pm

otto wrote:

Lighten up JS, he's just teasing you... I doubt there was any hatred behind that post.
I don't think there is anything nice about "And I really don't want to know why you "need" that pedal ..." If you don't like a thread I started, then don't read it. He appears to be just another guy on the web that has a problem with how I spend my cash and what I write in a forum. I guess I'm an easy target, but I've had fun buying and selling all the stuff I've tried and have no regrets. (Did forget about the GC though...) I'd lighten up, but I have people making comments to me all the time...it gets old quick.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Post by hageir » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:06 pm

wiss wrote:Image

yes!
V, awesome show :)
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:45 pm

JSRockit wrote:
otto wrote:

I don't think there is anything nice about "And I really don't want to know why you "need" that pedal ..." If you don't like a thread I started, then don't read it. He appears to be just another guy on the web that has a problem with how I spend my cash and what I write in a forum. I guess I'm an easy target, but I've had fun buying and selling all the stuff I've tried and have no regrets. (Did forget about the GC though...) I'd lighten up, but I have people making comments to me all the time...it gets old quick.
I'll leave it alone. Not my business anyway!
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:20 pm

JSRockit wrote:Huh? When's the last time I bought and sold anything? And what the f**k pedal are you talking about? Nice try at a diss, but it didn't make sense. Also, why the hate towards me? Did I do something to you in the past?
Sheesh, JS! I wasn't necessarily poking you, but making a funny point about people buying and selling stuff, so sorry if you took it personally. Calm down, boy! LOADS of people buy and sell stuff here, including myself. I'll put money on it that I've bought 'n' sold more stuff just to try it out than you've had hot meals, so CALM DOWN. Sorry it was your post - from now now I will not quote you on anything ... erm ... after this post.

Oh, and the pedal? That wasn't your post, was it? No, that was Kuriochi, whom I guess I should have quoted. I think he saw the humour in it. If not, I'm sure he can PM me and ask if I was attempting to be humourous.

Jesus Christ, but what a hornet's nest.

Scott
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:43 pm

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Sonic State's XL demo: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2009/01/ ... g-xl-demo/ At the end, they ask about the colors available.

Scott
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

kuroichi
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by kuroichi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Blue Monster 65 wrote:that was Kuriochi, whom I guess I should have quoted. I think he saw the humour in it. If not, I'm sure he can PM me and ask if I was attempting to be humourous.
PM Sent... ha ha ha ha. :wink:

This year at NAMM has started out quite different to what I thought, but i guess thats just me hoping for loads of analog hardware....

I'll be building a modular now that the Metasonix modules are coming...

I was expecting a new elektron product for some reason although I dont really know where I got that idea.... :?
Come on Bennett.... Let's Party!

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:25 pm

kuroichi wrote:PM Sent... ha ha ha ha. :wink:
AHHHHHH!!! My eyes! My eyes are burning!
kuroichi wrote:This year at NAMM has started out quite different to what I thought ....
I'm not there this year, but from what I've heard it's quite underwhelming across the board. No surprise, there, due to the economy worldwide. It seems, from a new release standpoint, almost like a summer NAMM show.

It will be interesting to see what comes of all this come the summer show, eh?

Scott
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:08 am

Blue Monster 65 wrote:
JSRockit wrote:Huh? When's the last time I bought and sold anything? And what the f**k pedal are you talking about? Nice try at a diss, but it didn't make sense. Also, why the hate towards me? Did I do something to you in the past?
Sheesh, JS! I wasn't necessarily poking you, but making a funny point about people buying and selling stuff, so sorry if you took it personally. Calm down, boy! LOADS of people buy and sell stuff here, including myself. I'll put money on it that I've bought 'n' sold more stuff just to try it out than you've had hot meals, so CALM DOWN. Sorry it was your post - from now now I will not quote you on anything ... erm ... after this post.

Oh, and the pedal? That wasn't your post, was it? No, that was Kuriochi, whom I guess I should have quoted. I think he saw the humour in it. If not, I'm sure he can PM me and ask if I was attempting to be humourous.

Jesus Christ, but what a hornet's nest.

Scott
Sorry Scott... I overreacted and I apologize. You'd be surprised how much legitimate flack I get that are not jokes...even via PMs.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:15 am

JSRockit wrote: via PMs.

Everybody gets a little bitchy around that time of the month. :wink:
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:32 am

tallowwaters wrote:
JSRockit wrote: via PMs.

Everybody gets a little bitchy around that time of the month. :wink:
wah wah wah waaaaahhhhh.....!

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:37 am

Good enough.

I should make it clear that just this past week, I bought a controller, tried it out, and within three days had sold it on. Yep. Couldn't do it any other way.

And it's fairly obvious that we're all a bunch of guys here with these last few comments or we'd all be sleeping on the couch tonight. :lol:

Scott
Muhahahahahahahahaha!