Acidlab Miami

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
User avatar
idiotboy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by idiotboy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:20 am

Hmmmm.....shall I use Miami's internal sequencer or Monomachine's external MIDI tracks......???

Decisions decisions.


:thumbup: :thumbup:

elmacaco
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:39 am

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by elmacaco » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:49 pm

This looks really great. Like a 808 with a 909 sequencer. Some of the sounds are not spot on 808 to my ears, the cowbell is identical, but the clap, snare, rim/clave are off. the MB808 sounds closer to my ears. It would be great if he added extended sound editing controls too, that would make a big difference. It will no doubt be popular, and all those who dis the 808 will probably be lining up once it comes into their pricerange ;)

User avatar
Computer Controlled
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am
Gear: SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . Juno-1 w/PG-300 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . Beatstep Pro . Pioneer RMX-500
Band: Computer Controlled
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by Computer Controlled » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:08 pm

I just don't like the name. Miami is the LAST thing i think of when i hear 808. Can't STAND that miami bass c**p.
Synths:
Avalon Bassline . TB-03 . JU-06 . MX-1 . Blofeld . MicroMonsta . Akai S5000
Drum Machines:
TR-09 . TR-8

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by JSRockit » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Come on CC... we know you were listening to 2 Live Crew just a few hours ago...
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

User avatar
johans121
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:05 pm
Gear: Pro One - PEK - Juno60 - 606 - 777 - MOTM format Modular... and Lots of Effects ‘n stuff analog & digital
Band: Dreams of Psyche
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by johans121 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 pm

pflosi wrote:and i'm quite sure the right channel is the real one. it sounds fatter. at least the kick. i dont know what speakers u guys have, but theres definitely a difference.
Well, through my focal twin's, the character sounds the same to me. The only noticeable differences I was able to discern was between tuning & volume on L&R channels. Well, one drum sounded slightly different, I believe it was the kick towards the beginning, however I'll attribute that to the extended decay that is being advertised.
Don't feed me Indian, you WILL regret it!

User avatar
killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:22 am
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood
Location: California, US

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by killedaway » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:19 pm

i bet they're both the same, and he just tuned one higher than the other for grins. that would be hilarious.
1.5.9.13
1.5.9.13

User avatar
Computer Controlled
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am
Gear: SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . Juno-1 w/PG-300 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . Beatstep Pro . Pioneer RMX-500
Band: Computer Controlled
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by Computer Controlled » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:25 pm

JSRockit wrote:Come on CC... we know you were listening to 2 Live Crew just a few hours ago...

You weren't supposed to say anything [-X
Synths:
Avalon Bassline . TB-03 . JU-06 . MX-1 . Blofeld . MicroMonsta . Akai S5000
Drum Machines:
TR-09 . TR-8

ramos
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:06 am
Location: Melbourne - Australia

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by ramos » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:23 am

Computer Controlled wrote:I just don't like the name. Miami is the LAST thing i think of when i hear 808. Can't STAND that miami bass c**p.
There is gold, and rubbish in every genre. Miami Bass/Electro and West Coast Hip Hop = tr-808 for me.

listen here: http://www.robotdj.net/getme.php?id=1229

The 800 euro price is a bit much, you can pick up the real thing for that amount. (I got mine for half that)
It should also be able to tune every sound.
Sh-101, tb-303, Juno-6, Jx-3p, TR-808, TR-707, TR-727,Oberheim DMX - Tascam m-312b + ghetto effects

User avatar
TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 1280
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:47 am
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by TrondC » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:31 am

ramos wrote:
Computer Controlled wrote:I just don't like the name. Miami is the LAST thing i think of when i hear 808. Can't STAND that miami bass c**p.
There is gold, and rubbish in every genre. Miami Bass/Electro and West Coast Hip Hop = tr-808 for me.

listen here: http://www.robotdj.net/getme.php?id=1229

The 800 euro price is a bit much, you can pick up the real thing for that amount. (I got mine for half that)
It should also be able to tune every sound.
can you show me a real tr-808 in good shape for 800 euros? with midi?

ramos
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:06 am
Location: Melbourne - Australia

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by ramos » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 am

TrondC wrote:
ramos wrote:
Computer Controlled wrote:I just don't like the name. Miami is the LAST thing i think of when i hear 808. Can't STAND that miami bass c**p.
There is gold, and rubbish in every genre. Miami Bass/Electro and West Coast Hip Hop = tr-808 for me.

listen here: http://www.robotdj.net/getme.php?id=1229

The 800 euro price is a bit much, you can pick up the real thing for that amount. (I got mine for half that)
It should also be able to tune every sound.
can you show me a real tr-808 in good shape for 800 euros? with midi?
you don't need midi for an 808 IMO, its much more fun to program it itself, not via midi. Horses for courses though..

I got a bit lucky, but you can pick one up at a decent price if you avoid ebay and be patient.
Sh-101, tb-303, Juno-6, Jx-3p, TR-808, TR-707, TR-727,Oberheim DMX - Tascam m-312b + ghetto effects

User avatar
Computer Controlled
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am
Gear: SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . Juno-1 w/PG-300 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . Beatstep Pro . Pioneer RMX-500
Band: Computer Controlled
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by Computer Controlled » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:19 am

I got mine for free, my old GF bought it for me =o] Or course i've sold it long ago =o[
Synths:
Avalon Bassline . TB-03 . JU-06 . MX-1 . Blofeld . MicroMonsta . Akai S5000
Drum Machines:
TR-09 . TR-8

ramos
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:06 am
Location: Melbourne - Australia

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by ramos » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Computer Controlled wrote:I got mine for free, my old GF bought it for me =o] Or course i've sold it long ago =o[
how much did you get for her?
Sh-101, tb-303, Juno-6, Jx-3p, TR-808, TR-707, TR-727,Oberheim DMX - Tascam m-312b + ghetto effects

User avatar
TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 1280
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:47 am
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by TrondC » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:03 pm

programming without midi is ok, but I'd need a sync box to get it going with the rest of my gear no? besides, the last couple 808's I've seen are at 1500$ and up, so I still think the Miami is a bargain, if 800Euros is the price it ends up at. I hope it'll be black :D

User avatar
Computer Controlled
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am
Gear: SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . Juno-1 w/PG-300 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . Beatstep Pro . Pioneer RMX-500
Band: Computer Controlled
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by Computer Controlled » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:00 pm

ramos wrote:
Computer Controlled wrote:I got mine for free, my old GF bought it for me =o] Or course i've sold it long ago =o[
how much did you get for her?

The 808 sold for $800. The girl i gave away =o]
Synths:
Avalon Bassline . TB-03 . JU-06 . MX-1 . Blofeld . MicroMonsta . Akai S5000
Drum Machines:
TR-09 . TR-8

User avatar
pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:14 pm
Gear: more than 150 characters...
Location: zürich
Contact:

Re: Acidlab Miami

Post by pflosi » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:31 pm

TrondC wrote:programming without midi is ok, but I'd need a sync box to get it going with the rest of my gear no? besides, the last couple 808's I've seen are at 1500$ and up, so I still think the Miami is a bargain, if 800Euros is the price it ends up at. I hope it'll be black :D
i dont know bout the acidlab bassline 1, but the bassline 2 has a sync out... thus it works as midi-din sync converter... u'd only need a 1:1 din cable

Post Reply