Talk about pulling triggers...

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
breitt

Talk about pulling triggers...

Post by breitt » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:34 am

Oh, man-I've completely lost control over my GAS and succumbed to a...ROZZBOX! It should be arriving in 12 hours. I am currently naked, holding midi and 1/4" cables, and greasing myself up for the FedEx man.
Elektron Analog 4

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Talk about pulling triggers...

Post by monolith » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:02 am

breitt wrote:Oh, man-I've completely lost control over my GAS and succumbed to a...ROZZBOX! It should be arriving in 12 hours. I am currently naked, holding midi and 1/4" cables, and greasing myself up for the FedEx man.
:lol: Wow! I wouldn't wanna be that FedEx guy. congrats man!

Computer Controlled
Gear: SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . Juno-1 w/PG-300 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . Beatstep Pro . Pioneer RMX-500
Band: Computer Controlled

Post by Computer Controlled » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:39 am

breitt wrote:Oh, man-I've completely lost control over my GAS and succumbed to a...ROZZBOX! It should be arriving in 12 hours. I am currently naked, holding midi and 1/4" cables, and greasing myself up for the FedEx man.

Haha! I'm afraid to ask what you're holding the cables on if your hands are busy greasing yourself up!

Too bad it's not the FedEx lady we have here! :happy6:
Synths:
Avalon Bassline . TB-03 . JU-06 . MX-1 . Blofeld . MicroMonsta . Akai S5000
Drum Machines:
TR-09 . TR-8

beaumont
Gear: JP 6 with europa - Juno 60 - Sh 101 - Ti Polar - Micro Q - Xbase09 - Future Retro R2 - Andromeda - V Synth GT. Prophet 600 - Oasys 88

Post by beaumont » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:51 am

Its funny how gas can turn us into raving lunatics! lol! Congrats on the rozz! :)

breitt

Post by breitt » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Got the Rozz just now! The sound is supreme! Unlike anything I've ever heard. Glitchy, dirty, smooth, warm, deep and chaotic all at once. I've only been using it for an hour, but it's enormous fun so far just tweaking presets beyond recognition and adding my Jomox drums to the beat. Lots of instant, Aphex Twin/Squarepusher tracks, as well as moody Autechre backgrounds.

The only downside is that the manual is nearly incomprehensible. I understand the basics of synthesis technique, but navigating around the sequencer and some of the deeper submenus will take me forever to understand. This is one instance, however, where just even grazing the surface capabilities of the unit are sonically rewarding. I've already been thrilled with what I can get just using 2 voices and cosmetic tweaking, so as I tackle the learning curve and uncover new secrets, the Rozz will only become more interesting despite its daunting menu.

Highly recommended for those who were never able to get a Sunsyn due to its price or lack of availability.
Elektron Analog 4

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:30 am

you guys ever catch that episode of King of Queens where Doug has to deliver to that guy in a towel (played by Allen Covert)? that's breitt!

johans121
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Pro One - PEK - Juno60 - 606 - 777 - MOTM format Modular... and Lots of Effects ‘n stuff analog & digital
Band: Dreams of Psyche

Post by johans121 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 pm

breitt wrote:Got the Rozz just now! The sound is supreme! Unlike anything I've ever heard. Glitchy, dirty, smooth, warm, deep and chaotic all at once
DAMN YOU BREITT!!!! I thought I had exhausted all of my gas! Between this and the new spectralis I'm starting to feel all bloated inside again....
Don't feed me Indian, you WILL regret it!