Best synthesizer breakdowns ever (hardcore metal style)...

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
calaverasgrande
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: MG1, MP201, MF101, MF102, Taurus 3, SH09, KPR-77, Streichfett, Dark Energy, X0Xb0x, Dronelab, Synsonics Drums, Machinedrum, Modular.
Band: N.S.V.

Re: Best synthesizer breakdowns ever (hardcore metal style).

Post by calaverasgrande » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:24 am

though it is hard to tell the synths and guitars apart
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave

samuraipizzacat29
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:24 pm

oh how i love refused/ international noise conspiracy..... "new morning, changing weather" is still one of my favorite punk albums of all time. The writing is just fantastic.
http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/internati ... atise.html

I recognized the synth from the ebay thread about a month ago. Still brewing a bit from missing out on that....

redchapterjubilee

Post by redchapterjubilee » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Well, not hardcore metal, but we use synthesizers in our stoner metal band The Tron Sack. Me on drums/keys, another dude on bass/many amplifiers.

That's the only part of the trilogy we play live. The other parts are less metal and more me (Earth guitars & mellotron on the first track, Tangerine Dream synths on the second).

Oh and for the record, that's a Tetra banging away at the sequence. In the middle I play an LP and Lancet duet, all live. No overdubs.
http://facebook.com/greatunwashedluminaries
ANALOG SYNTHESIZERS + EFFECTS + COMPUTERS

James Mandible

Post by James Mandible » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:41 am

Sunn O))) use synths on their tracks as well, but it can be hard to tell unless yr actually listening for them. I know they've used a Moog Rogue, Moog Taurus (probably the first one?), and a Korg MS-20.

lazerface
Gear: Tempest, JX3P, Pro-One, Roland Gaia, Monotribe
Band: Solaires

Post by lazerface » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:52 am

redchapterjubilee wrote:Well, not hardcore metal, but we use synthesizers in our stoner metal band The Tron Sack. Me on drums/keys, another dude on bass/many amplifiers.

That's the only part of the trilogy we play live. The other parts are less metal and more me (Earth guitars & mellotron on the first track, Tangerine Dream synths on the second).

Oh and for the record, that's a Tetra banging away at the sequence. In the middle I play an LP and Lancet duet, all live. No overdubs.
I am loving the s**t out of this dude. sounds HUGE.

I've been umming and ahhing about whether I share my bands tunes here..but seems like we're turning this into a kind of heavy thread rather than 'BESTEST BREAKDOWNZ EVER' thread...so f**k it.
here's one of our demos. it's a bit rough, but you know...that's why i've called it a demo.

we'll be hitting the studio in august/sept.
On this recording im playing a moog LP and a Roland SH 201.
Be warned..it's fairly abrasive in parts, it may hurt your feelings.