Future Retro XS

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
AnalogueAmos

Re: Future Retro XS

Post by AnalogueAmos » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Trom69 wrote:
space6oy wrote:"We are still working on these, actually we are working on several different units at once. We expect these to be available closer to the beginning of 2010."
- Jered
Are these the other "XS-ories"?
Hope for something like the Moog CP251...

I might have some news on these soon. Need to speak to Jered.
Dont hold youre breath tho...he likes surprises :)

AnalogueAmos

Post by AnalogueAmos » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:44 pm

I need to speak to Jered, so i'll see if he wants the word out yet.
Cant say more until then. He'll be pleased that there's interest tho..

Amos - Analogue Addiction

Tsarik
Gear: Future Retro XS, Eventide Eclipse, Novation X-Station, Waldorf Microwave XT

Post by Tsarik » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:48 am

i was about to ask what you guys meant by XS-ories...

i was getting frustrated... it seemed like i was missing something so obvious

then i said it out loud as i was beginning to type this response "wtf do they mean by XS-ories" and it hit me... accessories.. for the XS... duh

i don't even care what they are exactly, I'm sure they'll be f**k awesome!
when i bought my XS and was asked what else I might be interested in i said "something to expand the XS"
im completely floored by the sonic prowess of the XS, and astounded by the foresight of Future Retro.
news of these XS-ories now is perfect... i was thinking of getting a new Oberheim SEM in January... looks like I'll be getting some new Future Retro stuff first and then consider the SEM.

stikygum

Post by stikygum » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:43 am

Yeah, right now, I'm doing my own accessories thing with other modular gear. There's so much to love about the XS, small, compact, powerful, versatile, great sound, and expansion. I don't usually buy anything unless it's really interesting in the modular world, but still has to be useful. I thought the ORB could've been more than what it is. The XS hit it on the head, the Orb is a toss up. So I'll wait and see what the XS-ories are before I commit.
"MTV's gaudy overexuberance contributed to the trivialization of the one thing it had been initiated to support, music" - Rik Millhouse

lovedroid
Gear: MEK, LP, uQ, P6, BS, SQ80, UF8, WS, Omen6, Sonar
Band: New Modern Angels

Post by lovedroid » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:31 am

Tsarik wrote:my serial number is XS242
Wooo...!!
I imagine you could get some extra cash for that serial# from a Front 242 fanatic... :D

Tsarik
Gear: Future Retro XS, Eventide Eclipse, Novation X-Station, Waldorf Microwave XT

Post by Tsarik » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:36 am

probably.. but i am the front 242 fanatic, which is why i asked for this unit.

I also don't plan on ever selling the XS. i don't make purchases lightly and this one is proving to be among the most solid of decisions ever... i can't get enough of this synth.

lovedroid
Gear: MEK, LP, uQ, P6, BS, SQ80, UF8, WS, Omen6, Sonar
Band: New Modern Angels

Post by lovedroid » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Tsarik wrote:probably.. but i am the front 242 fanatic, which is why i asked for this unit.
LOL! I should have guessed... :)
But you know what? I've heard that there is a whole bunch of crazy people out there that has never even heard of Front 242!? So I figured that the lack of hysterically happy smilies in your original post hinted to that you might have been one of them... ;)

(At least my phonenumber starts with 242... :twisted: )

stikygum

Post by stikygum » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:31 am

Made an all Future Retro XS song for Halloween. Multitracked using only one XS patch for the whole song, besides a little tweaking towards the end. Recorded plain and with effects (H3000). Everything burbling, belching and growling is the XS.

Watch those creeky boards! http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... did=816013
"MTV's gaudy overexuberance contributed to the trivialization of the one thing it had been initiated to support, music" - Rik Millhouse

stikygum

Post by stikygum » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:46 am

Anyone heard anything about the XSories? Wondering when some of these are going to hit the market.

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey, there's another Amos in the world of analogue? Nifty! Are you going to be at the NAMM show by any chance?

I freakin' love my FR XS... I think it's serial # 42 or 24 or so... will have to look. Anyway, I've had it for a while now and it continues to thrill and amaze. I've dialed up some of the sickest, thickest patches on it. Also, it plays very nicely with the CV outputs from all my Moog gear (mainly I patch the Voyager mod busses out to it, and midi-sequenced CVs from the Multipedal). It can do smooth and warm if you want, but mostly it's my dream synth for industrial and psychedelic leadsounds. Awesome!

I would love the Orb if note entry was less tedious. It's great once you've entered some sequences, for jamming out live remixes and such, but kind of an inspiriation-killer if I try to use it as a live melody sketch pad. But, that's what the x0xb0x is best at... so I use both. :-)

My gear has mostly been gathered for its industrial and live acid potential... x0xb0x, FR XS and Orb, Voyager and Little Phatty, Jomox Xbase09, Korg MS-10, Jupiter-6. Not a weak-sounding instrument in the bunch. :)
"The tb-303 sounds like poo and I think I could sell it for way more if I need some gas money, but no other poo sounds as pooey as it, plus it has a sequencer..." - Zamise

Arddhu

Post by Arddhu » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:12 am

So would I in theory be able to route the oscillators out to an external filter and route it back in using the envelopes and bypass the filter completely if so desired?
I'm thinking mixing it with the TipTop SSM filter could be a small bundle of fun. :)