Novation DrumStation & BassStation Demos

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
LesDeuxLoveOrchestra

Novation DrumStation & BassStation Demos

Post by LesDeuxLoveOrchestra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:25 am

I was screwing around tonight with my DrumStation, BassStation, and SuperBassStation on a track, and I thought I'd post the factory demos for anyone interested to hear them. They were recorded directly out of the boxes into ProTools 16bit, no FX or compression. I made an aiff and some mp3s.

When you hook up the DrumStation to either of the BassStations the demo programs run in sync, so the drums can be heard with the basses.

I know there are some youtube vids, but you can't really tell the sound accurately on those, of course.

kind regards.

Here is the aiff version of the DrumStation only.

Here is the mp3 version of the DrumStation only.

Here is the mp3 version of the DrumStation with the BassStation.

Here is the mp3 version of the DrumStation with the SuperBassStation.
Last edited by LesDeuxLoveOrchestra on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

premieklovn
Gear: T.O.N.T.O
Band: Monomen

Re: Novation DrumStation Demo

Post by premieklovn » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Nice. Been looking for a good demo for a while now. By some weird reason the aiff. sounds really distorted on my macbook (probably the soundcard). Mp3 sounds fine.

Could you do a more slow funky house beat?

xenomorph313
Gear: | ESQ-1 | TG-33 | CS1x | micron | TR-606 | MC-50 | ES-1 | RY-8 | SU-10 | SYB-3 |

effects:
| PS-2 | | Smashup |

Re: Novation DrumStation & BassStation Demos

Post by xenomorph313 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:39 am

Nice!

Up until now I thought that there was a problem getting all of the drums sound channels to play without cutting each other out in the mix. Atleast thats what the person on the VSE homepage Drumstation Demo page said.....

But I hear that BD doing the 4 on the Floor thing with the other drum sounds, so must be the problem was only with the D-Stations, and not on the original Drumstation?

I would like to hear more!
For Trade: |Ensoniq ESQ-1|Yamaha CS1-x|Alesis Micron|

rockmanrock

Re: Novation DrumStation & BassStation Demos

Post by rockmanrock » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:43 pm

xenomorph313 wrote:Nice!

Up until now I thought that there was a problem getting all of the drums sound channels to play without cutting each other out in the mix. Atleast thats what the person on the VSE homepage Drumstation Demo page said.....

But I hear that BD doing the 4 on the Floor thing with the other drum sounds, so must be the problem was only with the D-Stations, and not on the original Drumstation?

I would like to hear more!
The problem with the early Drumstations was down to the underpowered PSU - use a decent one with 1000mA current and they work fine. They do run out of polyphony and make funny noises if you try to use say all the 808 and 909 stuff at the same time but you can get a lot out of them before that happens. Some people think the D-Stations have more polyphony but that is bovine excrement - Novation themselves say on their website there is no difference other than cosmetics.

One of the firmware updates added more gain to the outputs but according to the telephone tech support at Novation it's not worth the bother, just give your mixer input trim knob a twiddle and you've achieved the same thing.