Page 1 of 3

Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:15 pm
by JSRockit
Heard the M-Base 11 is coming out at musikmesse 2009. Anyone know any info on it?

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:19 pm
by mome rath
oh my!

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:05 pm
by killedaway
woah. at this point is it just a name? i was gonna get an 01 soon, but i'd like to know what the 11 is before i do.

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:06 pm
by Hair
where'd you hear? google yields nothing

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:25 am
by divineaudio

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:29 pm
by stikygum
I'm intrigued .... I won't speculate, I'll just say I'm intrigued. :)

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:34 am
by nadafarms
I'm going to speculate that it is a single channel xbase style kick drum.

I sent him a couple emails awhile back suggesting he make a mono synth that was xbase style with parameters locks. :D

What ever it is... I think I'll probably buy it!

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:48 am
by stikygum
Yeah, I'm kind of wanting it already :D

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:23 am
by Stab Frenzy
I speculate it'll be almost exactly the same as the 01 except they'll fix the pitch tracking issues so you really can use it as a monosynth.

I also speculate that this thread is gonna get messy.

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:47 am
by nadafarms
I don't know stab, none of the jomox kicks do real pitches in perfect tune anyway and I don't think people are that bothered by it since it's pretty close and on the low kicks you can't really tell anyway it's so deep, on the really high pitched kicks well... I don't think the real high pitches on the mbase sound all that great as monosynth sounds.

I would bet that it's the mbase-01 with maybe the extra envelope feature of the 888 but with sequencer or maybe just dedicated knobs. I really doubt it would be a just mkII of the mbase.

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:28 am
by stikygum
Stab Frenzy wrote: I also speculate that this thread is gonna get messy.

:wink:

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:26 am
by Stab Frenzy
nadafarms wrote:I don't know stab, none of the jomox kicks do real pitches in perfect tune anyway and I don't think people are that bothered by it since it's pretty close and on the low kicks you can't really tell anyway it's so deep, on the really high pitched kicks well... I don't think the real high pitches on the mbase sound all that great as monosynth sounds.
Hmmm, maybe that's why they'd improve it then?
nadafarms wrote:I would bet that it's the mbase-01 with maybe the extra envelope feature of the 888 but with sequencer or maybe just dedicated knobs. I really doubt it would be a just mkII of the mbase.
Well we'll see at Messe won't we.

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:20 pm
by JSRockit
I really don't think it will be a new type of machine... it'll be another flavor of kick...the name lets us know that.

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:13 am
by guesswho
It's going to be an mbase01 with a snare, or an xbase09 without the shitty samples.

Re: Jomox M-Base 11

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:34 am
by stikygum
I think that it could very well be a different Mbase kick with a sequencer and possibly the addition of snare/other drums.