Memorymoog Plus - who else here uses one?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
hfinn
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://soundcloud.com/heath-finnie

Re: Memorymoog Plus - who else here uses one?

Post by hfinn » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:02 pm

a rev 2 is still very similar to the rev 3. I had both side to side and the differences were VERY slight.

I think the main differences are the filters. The Moog filter adds a much different character to the sound. It's possible to make the MM stand out not so much in the mix. I mean you can get it down to one voice, one oscillator if you wish.

THM
Gear: ARP 2600
Elka Synthex
EML Polybox
EMS SynthiAKS
mTron
MOOG Mini- & Memorymoog
Oberheim SEM
Roland Jupiter-8/...
Yamaha CS80
DotCom
>see MySpace
Band: THM

Post by THM » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:16 am

Heath, what would you think about my MM vs. set of other vintage synths ?
Would it be a dumb trade ?
DotCom Modular * ARP 2600 * Elka Synthex * EML PolyBox * EMS Synthi AKS * MOOG Minimoog Model D, Memorymoog * Kurzweil PC88 * Oberheim SEM * Roland Jupiter-8, JP-8080, Juno-60, TR808, TB303, MKS50, RE301, SDE330, SRV330 * Yamaha CS0 * see THM on MySpace

Synthprophet

Post by Synthprophet » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:22 am

Z wrote:I just now listened to your demo. Good stuff there. The first part reminds me of some of Jan Hammer's work on Miami Vice. I know he had a MemMoog, but not sure if he used it on the show.
He did. For instance it was the soundsource for the famous lead guitarsound, but that's another subject.
Clavia: /Nord Lead 2x/
Roland: /AX-Synth/D-50/SH-201/
Korg: /EMX-1/Microkorg/Monotron/MS-20 Mini

sensorium

Post by sensorium » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:19 am

I also have a LAMM's Memory Moog. Great machine. The LAMM upgrade is a must.

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:44 pm

sensorium wrote:I also have a LAMM's Memory Moog. Great machine. The LAMM upgrade is a must.
Its not a must at that price. Mine works fine without :mrgreen:
htttp://www.myspace.com/jazzdoctor73
htttp://www.jd73.co.uk

LP/Voyager/Source/Moogerfoogers/NordStage/Logan SM2/Solina/Memorymoogplus/MicroKorg/B3+122RV/ClavD6/Rhodes Suitcase73x2/EmuE4K/YamahaEx5/Dx100

hfinn
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://soundcloud.com/heath-finnie

Post by hfinn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Mine MM+ works fine without it too. I would say it was worth it if I did lots of midi intensive work... The only thing I would really care for is the PSU upgrades. One of these days I might tackle that on mine.

OBX

Post by OBX » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:01 am

I have a Memorymoog too and I fully agree about it being one of the top 5 polys, it is probably among my top 3. I have the LAMM upgrade, but not sure if it is a must, tho' the LAMM upgrade is more than just MIDI. Personally I would not be without the LAMM upgrade. One thing is the Memorymoog's sound/character but it is also capable of so many different sounds, it can cover a lot of ground. I think it can do decent pads, depends on your taste I guess, tho' I often prefer OB-X and JP-8 pads.

THM - If you want my opinion: Bad idea, shame on you! :-) I'm pretty sure you'd regret it someday. Never sell a synth to finance another synth. Especially not a Memorymoog! But only you know what's right for you..

intercorni
Band: Lustobjekt

Post by intercorni » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:45 am

I am Seeking a Memorymoog Plus. Offered a JP-8 with MIDI Groove. Location is Hamburg/Germany.
Interest?
PPG Wave 2.2 | 2x PPG Waveterm A | PPG PRK | Roland Jupiter-6 | Roland Juno-6 | Waldorf Microwave | Elka Rhapsody 610 | Moog Polymoog | Minimoog Model D | Casio FZ1 | h**l Modular Synthesizer
https://www.facebook.com/cornel.hecht