Waldorf Stromberg

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
philip

Waldorf Stromberg

Post by philip » Sun May 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Whats happened to Stromberg project? Anybody knows?

blitzdj86
Gear: Modified DR-110, ES-1 Mk2, KP3, Various Pedals, MG82CX mixer.

Re: Waldorf Stromberg

Post by blitzdj86 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:01 pm

well in terms of appearance it doesn't seem a far stretch from the blofeld keyboard to the mockup design that is shown for the stromberg,

I'm guessing it won't happen until the blofeld reaches a certain point of success.. mainly for financial reasons.

stikygum

Post by stikygum » Mon May 04, 2009 6:44 am

Yeah, it's basically something they want to do, but might not see it as a sensible thing to produce right now giving the state of things. We don't want Waldorf to go under again do we? :P
"MTV's gaudy overexuberance contributed to the trivialization of the one thing it had been initiated to support, music" - Rik Millhouse

Murderhausen
Gear: Anyone want a Polivoks?

Post by Murderhausen » Mon May 04, 2009 7:48 am

It looks to me to be a Blofeld Keyboard +. Many more knobs plus the 100 voice option and analogue filters and vacuum tube drive stage. I think it will come out when we Blofeld users are finally happy with the operating system and their small team of developers is given a chance to focus on the next project.
Voyager XL*LittlePhatty*ElektronTrinity*ProOne*Mono/Poly*NordLead2X/3*Juno106*JX3P*JX10*JP8000*VirusKB*Blofeld*Ion*OctaveKitten*Polivoks*MS2000*AN1X*AlphaJuno1/2*ESQ1*SVC350*MG1*CS15*DX7II*etc...

clusterchord
Band: Nimbus Dei

Post by clusterchord » Mon May 04, 2009 4:26 pm

stikygum wrote:Yeah, it's basically something they want to do, but might not see it as a sensible thing to produce right now giving the state of things. We don't want Waldorf to go under again do we? :P

indeed. but imho, even bfr this economic crisis, Stromberg wasn't an overly realistic option for Waldorf, from day one. esp consdering their finactial situation and corporate history. it looked more like something they would very much like to do but havent had the resources. and indeed drew attention to a resurfacing company. it served its purpose in a way.

if the box wasnt empty on that namm show, then i would have more faith, but this way, who knows if they worked on it at all..its been years..

intimately, i sure hope im wrong. and they suprise us..

jupiter · oberheim · prophet · sh · moog · andromeda · ppg wave · vs · waldorf · yamaha · eii · casio
rhodes · solina · acetone · eurorack · system100 · förster · lexicon · eventide · space echo · svc350 etc

t.o.t.s.

Post by t.o.t.s. » Mon May 04, 2009 5:13 pm

"I think it will come out when we Blofeld users are finally happy with the operating system and their small team of developers is given a chance to focus on the next project."

Good luck waiting. I had a blast waiting for the finished OS for the Microwave XTK and despite years of promises... it never ever happened.
totsland.net / chvad.com / 8bitaudio.net / darksonus.com / invisiblerecords.com
Moog LP, SCI Six-Trak, Roland RS09, Crumar Performer, PAIA Fatman, Korg EX-8000, Waldorf µwaveXTK, Novation K-Station, XioSynth, KS4, Alesis Ion, Korg ER-1, Etherwave, MidiNES

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Fri May 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Well they HAVE been showing it off at NAMM this year..or was it the Frankfurt Messe? so I suppose it's somewhere near a release soon? Saw some good demo vids of it somewhere. Sonicstate maybe.