What's Your Favorite Keyboard Stand?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: What's Your Favorite Keyboard Stand?

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:40 am

polardark wrote:I heard good things about the K&M Spider double tier column stand. That's what i'm getting next:

I think I remember that one from starship troopers. :D

I've got a quiklok QLX-11 that's my favourite; nice and sturdy, quick to set up without screwing around with pushing or pulling secret levers and has adjustable rubber bumpers so you can always get it level. And it just feels better made than any other stand I've used, which inspires confidence.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: .com, mpc, and a studio full of behringer clones.

Post by wiss » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:40 pm

My favorite keyboard stand is the synth on top of a Farfisa or Rhodes, but I like the heavy duty "X" stands.
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

vcs3
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: BitOne,DX7II, M-1000, ESQm, Procussion, NanoSynth, VL1, P2500, K5000R, FS1r, JX-3P, Ju-60,HR-16, CZ1000, RX-5,K2600S, Nord G1r, G2, XL-7, Shuthri-1

Post by vcs3 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:36 pm

+1 Jaspers

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:24 pm

‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay

Slunk Lord
Gear: Roland SH-201

Post by Slunk Lord » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Automatic Gainsay wrote:Image
lol
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Post by StepLogik » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 am

OriginalJambo wrote:This:

FYI these Jaspers stands can be purchased from Thomann. They don't have them listed on the website, but if you email them ( homekeys@thomann.de ) they can get them for you. I was quoted 289 EUR each.

CS_TBL
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: All "In-The-Box"
Mainly FM8

Post by CS_TBL » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:39 pm

ThinkTanx wrote:Not to hijack, but I'm currently looking for a double-tier for the studio.

Anyone using the Quik Lok Z-726?? Anything to report, good or bad?

Got one.. not really in use anymore due to my switch to software (and my slim masterkeyboard is beween PC keyboard and PC monitors), but back in the days it held my JD800 and SY77, both not exactly birdfeathers.. :P

It's not for sale though ^_^ More in general, I doubt you can go wrong with Quicklok, it's made to do what it tells you it does.
"You know I love you, CS, but this is bullshit." (Automatic Gainsay)
s: VSL/FM8/EWQL/LASS h: DX7/FS1r/VL70/SY77/SN2r/JD800/JD990/XV88/Emu6400/Poly61/Amek35:12:2/genelec1030 r: Violin/AltoSax/TinWhistle c: i7-4770/RAM32GB/SSD
FM8 vids

CapnMarvel

Post by CapnMarvel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:12 pm

ThinkTanx wrote:Not to hijack, but I'm currently looking for a double-tier for the studio.

Anyone using the Quik Lok Z-726?? Anything to report, good or bad?

I have two of these, and two heavy-duty X-stands in my studio. I couldn't hand with the A-frame models - I never could get to the point where I felt the keyboards were truly stable in that setup. The Onstage stands are much, much more confidence-inspiring. The Z-model is a bit time consuming to set up for a live gig, but the x-frame is simple as anything.
Gear List: A bunch that go 'WHHONNGG!', several that go 'tweedle tweedle' and 'thumpity', and a few that don't make any noise at all but have lots of delightful little lights on them.