Trigger Pro One Sequencer from Midi

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
snod_donkey
Gear: Moog Minimoog - SCI Pro-One - Roland Sh-101 - Yamaha XS6 - Oberheim OB-Xa - Roland TD8 - Evans super Echo Tape Loop - Memeory Man Deluxe

Trigger Pro One Sequencer from Midi

Post by snod_donkey » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:50 pm

After a bit of help if poss..... I have a SCI Pro One and i wanted to trigger the sequencer on an off from midi if this is possible to do. I have a Kenton Pro Solo mk2 and can get it to work the gate and cv to play from my other keyboard but cant sus how to get the sequencer to work....... How should i wire this up? Many thanks

masstronaut

Re: Trigger Pro One Sequencer from Midi

Post by masstronaut » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:37 pm

How about just sending it an audio trigger pulse from a MIDI module? Anything would do it, a cheap drum machine, spare output on a sampler...

That way it would be clocked to your MIDI stuff as well.

snod_donkey
Gear: Moog Minimoog - SCI Pro-One - Roland Sh-101 - Yamaha XS6 - Oberheim OB-Xa - Roland TD8 - Evans super Echo Tape Loop - Memeory Man Deluxe

Post by snod_donkey » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks..... Just found the Kenton has an "aux" output socket that can be used to send a clock signal to the gate/clock input on the Pro One. Think if i get the settings done it will work

steveman

Post by steveman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:35 pm

Why not just connect the the Kenton's gate out to the Pro One's gate/clock in & not bother with the CV from the Kenton?
Alternatively for even more fun send the Kentons' CV out to the Pro One's filter CV in, you could then have a different filter setting for each of your sequence's notes...