Dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about synths

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
michael stein
Band: S U R V I V E

Re: Dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about synths

Post by michael stein » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:41 pm

HAHAHAHA.. read the second comment down by angel

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=49261677

p.s. if you read more of the comments there plenty of dumb.

Polyroy

Post by Polyroy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:40 pm

haha what a goon! dump an ms20, ms50 and sq10 in front of him and then see how quickly changes his mind. or even a ps3300!

ix studio

Post by ix studio » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:46 pm

what have you got all those synths for ? why do you need more than one ? cant you do all that with a pc now ? yeha why paint with paint . . . cant you do that in photoshop ?

JayEm
Gear: KorgPoly800 Monotron MonotronDuo MonotronDelay Monotribe VolcaBass MS20Mini MS2000 MFB522 Arturia Minibrute Yamaha CS-15D Tama TechstarTS305
Band: datapark / KNUCKLEFACE / JayEm

Post by JayEm » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:38 pm

I am so lost.
Ghost of Crow wrote:DX7 followed by a f**k £ sign and usually a few numerical hingies.
Tell them to f**k off and offer to burn the c**t on the spot for nothing. One day I manged to rid myself of one fetid f**k to a f**k mental case, to far gone to call a retard. It cost me f**k all but I had to carry the f**k to his car in front of the general public. Not all of them but at least two and thats 100% as many as is safe. Just do the same kids. (PS: Took me f**k years to discover the c**t was Broon not Black. That thrilled me at least a c**k stroke more.)

...ohh and anything that says blah
blah
blah blah

blahblah blah

~ signed; Origamo jacko.

PS: There are some really interesting posts in this topic.
w00t

Ghost of Crow

Post by Ghost of Crow » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Thank f**k for that.
Nice avatar mah cat says.

Thats you like ken??

Auntie Crow.
"Her face is sans feature, but she wears a dali brooch"

Report this post

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:02 am

Well, I read this comment this today
Ghost of Crow wrote: Oberheims are f**k mediocre at best. Sit in the middle pish. Take the iron oot while the fires hot.
:roll:
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

JayEm
Gear: KorgPoly800 Monotron MonotronDuo MonotronDelay Monotribe VolcaBass MS20Mini MS2000 MFB522 Arturia Minibrute Yamaha CS-15D Tama TechstarTS305

Post by JayEm » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:34 am

Ghost of Crow wrote:Thank f**k for that.
Nice avatar mah cat says.

Thats you like ken??

Auntie Crow.
w00t

Primal Drive

Post by Primal Drive » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:00 am

The stupid never ends. My girlfriend and I went to a local music shop yesterday to pick up a couple drumheads when we got side tracked in the keyboard section. She started playing a Motif (didn't notice which model) while I started fiddlin' with a MicroKorg XL (horrible UI, btw). After a while a male employee walked up to me and after a few words said, "Dude, this is one of the best synths made today. Everybody is using one." He watched me tweaking it for a while then asked me what sound I was trying to make. When I told him I was trying program a string/pad sound he replied, "You don't have do that. It has already has those sounds built in." It was a struggle to resist laughing in his face. I ignored him and he finally walked away.

Then things went from funny to a bit serious.

The same guy walked over to my girlfriend and tried to chat her up. I listened as he told her c**p like, "You play really, really good. Are you in a band?" My girlfriend just shook her head and tried to ignore him. He kept on complimenting her without making any reference to the keyboard. She eventually said that she liked the sound of the synth to which he said, "It has a sequencer so you can make whole songs with it." She replied, "My boyfriend plays all the instruments himself." Just as I started to walk towards them he said, "With this [keyboard] you wouldn't need anybody else to play with." Just as he said that I walked up, placed my hand on his shoulder and said to my girlfriend, "So Nora, you wanna' buy one?" I stand 6'6" and the guy was easily a foot shorter than me. In all honesty I swear I felt the guy shudder. Then after an awkward pause I heard the guy utter the most imbecilic words, "Ah, so you guys make music as a family." What the f**k???

He walked away and I never saw him in the store after that.
And then she said, "What the f...?"

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:37 am

Primal Drive wrote:The stupid never ends. My girlfriend and I went to a local music shop yesterday to pick up a couple drumheads when we got side tracked in the keyboard section. She started playing a Motif (didn't notice which model) while I started fiddlin' with a MicroKorg XL (horrible UI, btw). After a while a male employee walked up to me and after a few words said, "Dude, this is one of the best synths made today. Everybody is using one." He watched me tweaking it for a while then asked me what sound I was trying to make. When I told him I was trying program a string/pad sound he replied, "You don't have do that. It has already has those sounds built in." It was a struggle to resist laughing in his face. I ignored him and he finally walked away.

The same guy walked over to my girlfriend and tried to chat her up. I listened as he told her c**p like, "You play really, really good. Are you in a band?" My girlfriend just shook her head and tried to ignore him. He kept on complimenting her without making any reference to the keyboard. She eventually said that she liked the sound of the synth to which he said, "It has a sequencer so you can make whole songs with it." She replied, "My boyfriend plays all the instruments himself." Just as I started to walk towards them he said, "With this [keyboard] you wouldn't need anybody else to play with." Just as he said that I walked up, placed my hand on his shoulder and said to my girlfriend, "So Nora, you wanna' buy one?" I stand 6'6" and the guy was easily a foot shorter than me. In all honesty I swear I felt the guy shudder. Then after an awkward pause I heard the guy utter the most imbecilic words, "Ah, so you guys make music as a family." What the f**k???

I would have laughed.

JayEm

Post by JayEm » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:20 am

So you walked into a store, and someone tried to sell you something.

Clearly the man was retarded.
Primal Drive wrote:The stupid never ends. My girlfriend and I went to a local music shop yesterday to pick up a couple drumheads when we got side tracked in the keyboard section. She started playing a Motif (didn't notice which model) while I started fiddlin' with a MicroKorg XL (horrible UI, btw). After a while a male employee walked up to me and after a few words said, "Dude, this is one of the best synths made today. Everybody is using one." He watched me tweaking it for a while then asked me what sound I was trying to make. When I told him I was trying program a string/pad sound he replied, "You don't have do that. It has already has those sounds built in." It was a struggle to resist laughing in his face. I ignored him and he finally walked away.

w00t

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Jupiter-6, DX7, TX7, Juno-106, AX60, Pro One, S1000, M1r, Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Post by Alex E » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:17 am

JayEm wrote:I am so lost.
Don't worry about it.

Sometimes it helps to read it in your head in a heavy Scottish accent.
soundcloud.com/vectron

mung
Gear: Nord Electro, Yamaha DX 7, Alesis Ion, Crumar Orchestrator, Roland Juno-G, Korg R3, Casiotone 7000, Edirol PCR-M80, Boss RE20, Boss RT20, Boss GT-8

Post by mung » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:01 pm

" i decided not to buy a moog cause you can only play one note at a time."

#-o

masyst
Gear: 5 gears + reverse

Post by masyst » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:33 pm

mung wrote:" i decided not to buy a moog cause you can only play one note at a time."

#-o
He does not deserve a Moog anyway then... Not even a Memorymoog :P
A synthesizer will be for you what you want it to be...

Primal Drive

Post by Primal Drive » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:47 am

JayEm wrote:So you walked into a store, and someone tried to sell you something.

Clearly the man was retarded.
Obviously! What person with unimpaired mental faculties would try to sell a 6'6" hairy Bigfoot an electronic musical instrument (unless I had inadvertently walked into a messin' with Sasquatch commercial). Besides, I was unaware that Microkorgs came with sounds "built in" rather than programmed.

As for the bullshit he was giving my girlfriend I'm sure selling her a Motif wasn't the first thing he had in mind.

Bottom line: He came off as an idiot and a douche rather than a sales person.

But then, I guess nobody's perfect...
And then she said, "What the f...?"

JayEm

Post by JayEm » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:23 am

No offense to you, it just seems that a lot of the stories in this thread revolving around salesmen have more to do with them being salesmen which is a totally different topic.
On top of that, the way you described it, it kind of sounds like you were a d**k to him just for trying to talk to you. I mean really, you walk into a store, you start playing with a product, someone comes over with the intent on helping out/making a sale, so you ignore him.

He may be a smarmy a*s for hitting on your gf, but I gotta wonder if he even saw you come in. And considering you went in opposite directions, he may not have made the connection...

So really, what did he do?
Bear in mind, I'm only gleaming from what you've said. For all I know, he may have been just an over bearing a*s clown. But I also work in retail, so I guess I get his side as well.
Oh, plus the whole putting your hand on him thing... maybe its just my natural aversion to physical contact, but nothing creeps me out more than people who come in to my store and place a hand on me.
You might as well be diving for my crotch. Gives the heebies! And the jeebies!
Primal Drive wrote:
Obviously! What person with unimpaired mental faculties would try to sell a 6'6" hairy Bigfoot an electronic musical instrument (unless I had inadvertently walked into a messin' with Sasquatch commercial). Besides, I was unaware that Microkorgs came with sounds "built in" rather than programmed.

As for the bullshit he was giving my girlfriend I'm sure selling her a Motif wasn't the first thing he had in mind.

Bottom line: He came off as an idiot and a douche rather than a sales person.

But then, I guess nobody's perfect...
w00t