So... What's up at Elektron?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: So... What's up at Elektron?

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:42 pm

JSRockit wrote:Release date for the new machine 2/29/10.
New material please. ;)

mao
Gear: Andromeda - Voyager RME - VSynth XT - MonoEvolverKeyboard - NordRack2X - EX-8000 - Waldorf Microwave - Machinedrum - Monomachine

Post by mao » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:41 pm

I don't think they spent time and money on making those videos for their product while they are releasing new gear in a couple of months. It's pure nonsense.

When I'll see some short video clips saying that a new product is coming... I'll start thinking about a release date...

In the meanwhile... I'll buy a 2nd hand machinedrum.

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Quite a bit...
Band: Syn303

Post by Syn303 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:53 pm

I quite agree, the Mk2 units are 2 years old now, Elektron have had ample time to develop something new, these videos and other things they have announced prove that Elektron is just pissing about and wasting time, when they could have had a new product out by now. Hope this is worth the wait though?
| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:01 am

Syn303 wrote:I quite agree, the Mk2 units are 2 years old now, Elektron have had ample time to develop something new, these videos and other things they have announced prove that Elektron is just pissing about and wasting time, when they could have had a new product out by now. Hope this is worth the wait though?
Complaining about something that doesn't exist? On VSE? No way that could ever happen. Just work a t-shirt and stickers into your set.
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

tyrannosaurus mark

Post by tyrannosaurus mark » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:14 pm

I love it that they've made their demo videos look nice :D
Moog LP + Casio SK1 and MT-75 + tube amp = good tone.

Augment

Post by Augment » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Yep. Even though there's not much to be gained from those videos for someone who owns the machines (and can read a manual), the fact that they are so nicely done shows that if nothing else, Elektron doesn't put their name on anything less than quality material.

Look at any similar video from a major company and it's most likely going to be a moderate grade digital camcorder, and some lame blues or funk "studio musician" music. These Elektron videos look and sound better than most modern films...

Just purchased a Machinedrum and Monomachine this month. -------------------------------------------------------------->

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Augment wrote:Just purchased a Machinedrum and Monomachine this month.
Did you buy them new? If you did you should enter Elektron's Christmas lottery. Winner gets a free machine of their choice.

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

Augment

Post by Augment » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:42 pm

Well, technically I got them in late November. :|

My Mono was delivered ON December 1st, so I don't think that counts, since it was billed/shipped on November 25th I believe.

cheapo

Post by cheapo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 pm

i can't wait what will come, there where rumours of people that know, that there would be a new maschine coming end of out this year, but this info is already a half year old... probably they are still in the finshing process of things and won't give any information before it's ready to get sold

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Augment wrote:Well, technically I got them in late November. :|

My Mono was delivered ON December 1st, so I don't think that counts, since it was billed/shipped on November 25th I believe.
I would email them and ask anyways. 5 days off and you bought both maybe they will be cool enough and say yeah since you were so close. You have a better chance than I do since I got them 2 years ago. :lol: What's the worst that can happen they say no and you still have them and if they say yes you still have them plus a chance to get another like a boss. :D
cheapo wrote:i can't wait what will come, there where rumours of people that know, that there would be a new maschine coming end of out this year, but this info is already a half year old... probably they are still in the finshing process of things and won't give any information before it's ready to get sold
We should put Jon @Elektron in a headlock+boston crab+camel clutch+million dollar dream dynamic combination. That aughta loosen his tongue because asking you just get a vague working on something tee hee answer. Watch yer back Jon we're gonna get ya ooooo yeaaahhhhh! VSE is gonna run wild on you brother! [-X

expermusic

Post by expermusic » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:57 pm

stikygum wrote:That would be sweet if Elektron made a hardware sequencer and finally cracked the code to allow it to control software sequencers like Logic. I wish there was a x0x hardware sequencer controller on the market for selecting/deselecting steps of a sequence in software. With a couple assignable controllers onboard to assign your most used parameters. I'd buy it instantly. Wouldn't ever think twice about buying a TR909 again.

You should really look at NI's Maschine. Step sequencing with the pads, like xox, the next update will make the knobs assignable to macros or midi, etc. You will also be ableto drag and drop the midi from a pattern into your day once you are happy with the results. You can also not just sequence internal sounds but external MIDI as well. It is by far the best thing I've bought for my studio in a while. I can literally load it up and not look at my laptop screen 90% of the time.
MFB Kraftzwerg, Euro Modular (w/ Noisering, Maths, Tame Machine, Doepfer A-143-9, A-154, A-155, A-160 so far) Nord Modular G2, Elektron SPS-1UW, Mini-kp, Novation Launchpad, NI Maschine, Novation Remote Zero SL MKii, Macbook Unibody 2.4

aeon

Post by aeon » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:07 pm

An Elektron sequencer with a full-on sampler would be nice.

On the sample side we would have the usual synthesis, but in addition there would be modulatable loop position, granular playback, and so on. The amount of RAM should be ~4GB. Sixteen tracks would be enough for me as long as we have a decent amount of poly.

On the sequencer side we would have something aka the MonoMachine, but with arbitrary lengths per track, inter-track modulation, probabilistic events, algorithmic generation, force-to-scale/key, the ability to separate note sequences from chord sequencers such that note sequencers could be immediately re-used in new progressions, the ability to program progressions based on defined rules with progression modulation, and so on.

cheers,
Ian

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 am

Christmas OS updates. Bug fixes for the MD and a new Phaser and Flanger FX machine for the MnM.

I was updating the OS the other day they were released and didn't realize the OS' had been updated till after I was done. :lol: I played with the Phaser and Flanger for a bit and it's surely a welcome addition. Not sure if it's enough to change my mind to keeping the MnM though. I had no problems with/after update. *knock on wood*