What Was the Most Organic Sounding Synth Ever Released?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Re: What Was the Most Organic Sounding Synth Ever Released?

Post by RobotHeroes » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:16 am

Obligatory.

"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

Mooger5
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Mooger5 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:21 am

Automatic Gainsay wrote: Mooger5: I could believe that VCS3 was the most organic.
Yep, maybe it could be regarded as an electronic ecosystem. Then, just like any old self-contained modular. Buchlas and their Sources of Uncertainty blah blah...
Herrare umanum est.

Primal Drive

Post by Primal Drive » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:03 am

*yawn*

It's the same old never ending argument.

"My synth has a bigger ORGAN-ic sound than yours."

:P
And then she said, "What the f...?"

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:24 am

Primal Drive wrote:*yawn*

It's the same old never ending argument.

"My synth has a bigger ORGAN-ic sound than yours."

:P
:::yawn:::

It's the same never-ending response.

"Nothing is better than anything else. Everything is the same. We're all the same. Everything we do is the same."

It's easy to reduce an assessment of quality OR an assessment of desirability to a pissing match... and while it is sometimes a pissing match, that doesn't negate the fact that quality exists, and the average of people can agree on what defines it.
That being said, "organic" is in no way an indicator of quality. No one is saying organic is best, and anyone who jumps to the conclusion that that's what is being said here says more about their own psychology than anything else.
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay

bleurgh

Post by bleurgh » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:25 am

Automatic Gainsay wrote:That being said, "organic" is in no way an indicator of quality. No one is saying organic is best, and anyone who jumps to the conclusion that that's what is being said here says more about their own psychology than anything else.
My point exactly! By the way, I thought your description of "organic" was very good. I understand now, though I still don't think it's a very good word to use.

shaft9000
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Whips chains waxes oils dildos DMT TNT the LHC, and a black rubber duckie
Band: moneymoneymoney

Post by shaft9000 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:08 pm

balma wrote:
shaft9000 wrote:who needs organic when there's orgasmic

What can you say about your Hartmann?

isn't it an "A.I." sampler or something alike???? je je
the 'resynthesis' takes analysis of the sample and breaks it down into re-programmable harmonic and dynamic components. you modify these oscillators='resynators' using Control Spheres which act like 4-way vector sticks a la wavestation and the signal routing between them can be modified as well. most of the modulation and filtering is done via the Silver section...wicked EGs and a RingMod to die for.
It has the tendency to sound totally insane faster than any other digital synth I've used, V-Synth included. It also sounds bigger and 'warmer' (but not necessarily more ORGANIC :lol: ) than any other VST I have used.
Love it, bugs and all. It's a real CPU hog!
2600.solus.modcan a.eurorack.cs60.JP8.Juno6.A6.sunsyn.volcakeys.jd990.tb303.x0xb0x.revolution.
999.m1am1.RY30.svc350.memotron

shaft9000.muffwiggler.com <- singles & mixtape
shaft9000.bandcamp.com <- spacemusic album
youtube.com/shaft9000 <- various synth demos and studies