One is not enough!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
sam
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: One is not enough!

Post by sam » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:13 am

I have 4 ms20's and 2 ms 50's.....I use all of them even live.. :D
Lam memorymoog.Sonic six.Vp330 mk1.SH101.OSCar.ARP odyssey..multivox mx3000.Solina stringsynth.polivox
ms20/50.Andromeda. OBX.
Prophet 5 Pro-one. Wasp.EMS AKS.

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:24 am

Mr Rich you barely post, but when you do it always blows me off my chair. i'm looking at you, pentaphonic!

Mr Rich
Gear: Excessive.

Post by Mr Rich » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:32 am

pflosi wrote:Mr Rich you barely post, but when you do it always blows me off my chair. i'm looking at you, pentaphonic!
Ha... I took a long break from the place, but I'm back again!

The Pentaphonic came my way about 3 or 4 years ago. No way I could pass up the chance to own one.

Now if there's anyone with two of those I'd be impressed...
Mr Rich
(Eventually tired of Clint.)

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:06 pm

yeah i understand that u couldnt pass that chance, and since you must be rich......... ;)

if anyone here has 2 pentaphonic clears i'll quit hanging round here :)

depulse
Gear: List is too long, analog and digital synths and samplers....

Post by depulse » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:42 pm

I have both a SY77 and a TG77. I got the TG to save space, but the resale value of the SY is so low (and it's very heavy to ship) that I still keep it.

Korg TritonExtr+MOSSRoland XV5080+D550+MKS80+MKS70+MKS7+MKS50+S550+JP8080+Juno60+JD990, ATC1, ESQM Yamaha A5k+An1x+SY77+TG77+TX802+TX7 Akai S5k+MPC1k, Mopho, Blofeld, EMaxRack, NordRack2, Indigo2, Rogue, MD, Linndrum, Pro1, Drumulator, M1AM1, Pulse

Mooger5
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Mooger5 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Rangoon wrote:This picture is always a fun one to throw around....
Picture 0011.JPG
Dano wrote:
Rangoon wrote:This picture is always a fun one to throw around....
Wow - Is that a photo editing trick or do you really have 4 P5s? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
And aren´t them all pre Rev 3? :?
Herrare umanum est.

Yekuku
Gear: dk'tronics speech synthesizer :P

Post by Yekuku » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:02 pm

2X SuperBassStations, 2X Pulses ( ok, one is a plus :P), 2X Electribes ESX, 2X AKAIs 3200, 2X D50's & 2X AN1x's.
I tend to get too emotional with some things so I buy 2 of them because I could not stand loosing one.
All great things in life should come in pair, women included :)
It is all about sharing...

computron
Band: Computron

Post by computron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:56 pm

I have two sx240s.The reason was because it was so cheap not to buy mod and trade off for another synth later so Im holding it till then or i loose a chip in my other.The 8 chips alone where more then i paid for it .My first I paid 325 and that was a fair deal.
Living the Electro Life

clusterchord
Band: Nimbus Dei

Post by clusterchord » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:24 am

at one point i had a JX-10, and two MKS70. never used all 3 of them at once. first i had JX10, and it was big par tof my sound in the 90s. i always dreamed having access to anohter pair of JX sounds, and finally got another MKS70.. soon after, i just run into a deal on the third one. sold it rather quickly.

as it often happens, just when i finally had more of JX sound, it was about that time that i was working with EOS samplers more and more, JD990, and later FS1R etc.. and stopped using JX almost all together. DAW system and tracking came into picture as well. so soon after i sold the second MKS70, i sold my beloved JX10 as well, to save space. and left myself a single MKS70 with a PG800, that i have to this day.

jupiter · oberheim · prophet · sh · moog · andromeda · ppg wave · vs · waldorf · yamaha · eii · casio
rhodes · solina · acetone · eurorack · system100 · förster · lexicon · eventide · space echo · svc350 etc

Spadz
Gear: Samplers, Synths, Guitars, Yamaha recorder, Atari computer and an 18 year Glenlivet.

Post by Spadz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:24 pm

I have 2 E-Mu E4's... The oldest is a E-64, has the E-Synth ROM and the backlight is dead. I use it for the ROMS and in case my main one, the E-Synth Classic Dance dies or somethin. This perticular E-Synth model did not come with the E-Synth ROM, it came with Phat and Orbit roms or something. It's a nice machine.
If you don't know what you are doing, why are you doing it?

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 pm

are those the E4 XT or two diferent models?

Some reasons to buy 2 or more of the same kind:

1. first one is damaged in certain way or some hardware controllers are bad, so you need another one.
2. polyphony.
3. Affair/love/synth lust.
4. extreme functionality for your purposes.

I remember a lady who has around 4 Waldorf Micro Q.

I had two analog AKAIS, they were brothers but not exactly the same model

Akai AX60
Akai AX80

Differences: the AX60 is 6 voice poly. its parameters are fully programmable with the arsenal of sliders that it has .... and has a MINIDIN input to process samples throught the analog filters, but I never got the minidin or an old Akai sampler to use it

The AX80 has almost the same architecture. Same sound. But it has 8 voice poly. The HUGE disadvantage on the AX 80 is that it does not have sliders. You cannot tweak the paramenters with hardware controllers. Instead those sliders, had a huge LCD graphic display, from side to side. No minidin input

I sold the AX80

I have two command stations. Another reason for getting two, is that the first one, is damaged by overuse. Track triggers must be pushed real hard, stop button of the sequencer died, also the pattern button died
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

plikestechno
Gear: Lots. See sig.

Post by plikestechno » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Depending on the price, I'd have two of a lot of things I own...

Two Syncussions
Two Octave Cat SRMs
Two 101s
Two 808s LOL
Two 202s
Two of my Chilean modular

But I mean I wouldn't pay market or anything for them.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

Spadz
Gear: Samplers, Synths, Guitars, Yamaha recorder, Atari computer and an 18 year Glenlivet.

Post by Spadz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:36 pm

balma wrote:are those the E4 XT or two diferent models?
They all are E4 at the base, but one is an E64 and the other an E-Synth. They have different sample rom and presets in them. I managed to get the samples/presets for the E64s rom, but I prefer keeping it anyways. I can't live without an E4 of some sort. Selling it... I paid a lot of money at the time and, like I wrote, the backlight is pretty much dead, so I prefer to keep it anyway.

Some synths I'd like "doubled" so I could layer sounds. Or some other, I'd like a backup before they are old and break (like you mentioned).
If you don't know what you are doing, why are you doing it?

clusterchord
Band: Nimbus Dei

Post by clusterchord » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 pm

plikestechno wrote:Depending on the price, I'd have two of a lot of things I own...

Two Syncussions
Two Octave Cat SRMs
Two 101s
Two 808s LOL
Two 202s
Two of my Chilean modular

But I mean I wouldn't pay market or anything for them.
same with me, i would love to have another P5 rev2 and another Jupiter8. and no, i wouldnt pay today's market value either.

but, what is funny, when i was buying them, and this wasnt that long ago, about 4 yrs, i soon after had a chance to pickup another of each at the same price... a thought run thru my brain hmhmhm should i or not, i was peniless already... and i went... haaah .. "they'll be arround". el stupido. i counted on prices rising, but not four times over. :shock: #-o

jupiter · oberheim · prophet · sh · moog · andromeda · ppg wave · vs · waldorf · yamaha · eii · casio
rhodes · solina · acetone · eurorack · system100 · förster · lexicon · eventide · space echo · svc350 etc

Gianni

Post by Gianni » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:51 pm

balma wrote: I remember a lady who has around 4 Waldorf Micro Q.
The synth lady from the "Synth lady" thread? If I remember correctly, she had 2 or 3 copies of everything. I just searched for the thread but nothing came out. :?

Personally I usually buy new stuff that will give something new to my music/studio, and if I have some extra cash and nothing on the wishlist, I try to buy weird new toys like a Thingamagoop or a Theremin. :D