VST-to-MIDI layer in development - Opinions please!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
stalla
Gear: CS80, CP70, Eminent U310 and more...

Re: VST-to-MIDI layer in development - Opinions please!

Post by stalla » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:30 pm

Great project ! Do you have a website André ? Are you from France ?
In a synthetic mood

Cerebral Infect

Post by Cerebral Infect » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:29 am

Something that would help me is : easy sysex string import. I'd like to type all the sysex string, the parameter name, range of value (and associated data name) in something like excel and then import it easily in your VST thing. I have Cubase 5. And typing one sysex string at a time in the midi device creator is tedious. And bang one error and you are done for it.
Minimoog Voyager, Pulse 2, MS-20 Mini, Bass Station 2, Virus TI,DSI Mek, DSI Prophet 08, Nord Modular G2, x0xb0x, MB-6582, Sammich FM, Shruthi XT, Juno 106, S90ES, TX81Z, DM10X e-drums, Rocktron Banshee, Dr-110 and too many VSTs.

0e0
Gear: Roland MKS-50, Juno-106, JV-1080
Yamaha A4000, SU700, S80 (w/PLG150-VL), SY 77, SY 22
Oberheim Matrix-1000
Kawai K3m, K4
Zoom ST-224
Band: 0=0

Post by 0e0 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:50 pm

Cerebral Infect wrote:Something that would help me is : easy sysex string import. I'd like to type all the sysex string, the parameter name, range of value (and associated data name) in something like excel and then import it easily in your VST thing. I have Cubase 5. And typing one sysex string at a time in the midi device creator is tedious. And bang one error and you are done for it.
i'm looking for something like that aswell...i'm learning javascript right now to make a plugin that does just that for reaper. considering making editors for the MKS-50, Matrix-1000, and if i get good enough the Yamha A-series samplers.

j

0=0

vst2midi

Post by vst2midi » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:48 am

No, I am from Germany :-)

SYSEX-Import is a good idea, but with the script language you have the possibility to automate the whole thing. But anyway I will include a SYSEX Sender/Dumper with the possibility to archive and parametrize all the sent SYSEX-strings.

Currently I setup a webpage and prepare the first alpha version. For Windows for now, but I try to support all possible host. VST-programming is very tricky to get it working with all hosts.

I will inform you when it's ready :-)