SIX TRAK 6 OUTPUTS

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
hinotori
Gear: /A1200/CVI/SIXTRAK/
SYSTEM100&100M/CS30/SK1/NORDG2/

SIX TRAK 6 OUTPUTS

Post by hinotori » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:37 am

I just got a sci six trak...
apart from the poor packaging that it came in causing a little split wood :(
... it seems to be working perfectly. . its really one of the most beautiful sounding synths i've ever heard, (but thats always subjective, so don't worry about correcting me)
anyway...
im surprised to find that it has come with 6 separate outputs, i thought that it only had a single audio out .. so im quite happy at that bonus :)
does anyone else have this expansion and know what mod it is, if there was a kit available at some time or something ?
thanks in advance for your time...

jcaston

Re: SIX TRAK 6 OUTPUTS

Post by jcaston » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Whoa I've never seen or heard about that. I'm interested, how do you like it?

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:04 pm

I could be wrong but doesn't the sequencer allow for 6 individual mono "tracks" thus the name? I would suspect that this mod would allow you to have seperate outs for using this as a multi-timberal, 6 part mono-synth. Kind of like the idea behind the DSI tetra. Should be useful.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Purity_Control

Post by Purity_Control » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Yes, though it's not that flexible about how it does it. Six part multitimbral but each part on a consecutive MIDI channel, and if you want poly parts you need to use two or more MIDI channels to get them (unless i totally misunderstood something when i had one).

Nice sound, though i will say you get a quite undue amount of phase cancellation when you try layering up the voices.

hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Post by hageir » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Congrats!
It's my favorite synth :)
It's beautiful!

Lucky you, regarding the mod!
I was considering it myself, but I'm making due with that stereo-output (yes it's a TRS output!)..

Here's the output mod:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37595587@N ... /comments/
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2007/02 ... xtrak.html

Now I just want a Prophet 5.. I love Sequential Circuits :)
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..

code green
Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Post by code green » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:20 am

that was my main board during an interminable repair to my p600...and though i was happy when i got the 600 back, i found i missed the filter on the six-trak. it was lovely. congrats on your new synth--you can do a lot with that one.

diezdiazgiant
Gear: a computer and some odd bits of junk and microphones
Band: jizzflap f**k

Post by diezdiazgiant » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Oh I miss my six trak, I had no idea there was a mod for 6 outputs. I do believe I will have to get one again
blunted daydreaming

hinotori

Post by hinotori » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:53 am

hi
my six-trak is working out very very well (aside from the split wood, any recommendations as to a good glue ?)
im enjoying it very much and am a convert to the sequential sound...
one major problem is that voice 4 sounds through output 4 and 6 simultaneously.... so, i have a sequential 5 trak ? ;)
ive looked online for information regarding the modifications (diagrams etc) but have found nothing... the main link to what used to be information regarding this is now dead:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/2163/MultiOutMod/
if anyone pulled the info and has it on their computer or on a hard drive and would like to share i would really appreciate it....
its an incredible synth in combination with the 6 extra tracks of MIDI sequencer on the elektron monomachine :)

hinotori

Post by hinotori » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:16 am

hi.
I have on more quick question for all the more experienced six-trak users here.
Im in mono mode and omni is off so that im using an external sequencer (monomachine) to sequence the 6 different programs of the six-trak. How do i select each "trak" and change the program, plus changing the program parameters or each of the individual channels... at the moment any program changes i make using the control & select section of the six-trak affect all 6 of the programs (timbres) and an parameter changes only change timbre number 1.
does anyone know if this is possible, or if there is any kind of secret mortal combat style button sequence special move to pull this off ?
many thanks for your time :)