Advice on live on stage synth mixing levels

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
omvibes
Gear: Electro 3 73, Creamware Minimax, Virus KC, D50, Novation Nova, MMT-8, Moog Liberation, Elka DMP-18 foot pedals. Many others have come and gone...

Advice on live on stage synth mixing levels

Post by omvibes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could advise me or help on problems I'm having with comparative mixing of synths at live stage shows.

Basically, running a Nord Electro 3, Creamware Minimax and (sometimes) Novation k station into a small Yamaha mixer, and finding that levels are often different according to which sounds I'm using on the synths etc, so I'm always having to adjust levels on the mixer and so on. I'm using a volume pedal for the NE3, but would like to get to a stage where I can play without having to worry if sound x is louder than sound y when I bring it up.

Is there any method for resolving this kind of thing, start with getting all the individual sounds out to a similar level I suppose, and go from there? Any help or advice much appreciated.

Oli

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Re: Advice on live on stage synth mixing levels

Post by pflosi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:39 pm

adjust the levels of your presets so they're the same... then store it