***Write Reviews For The VSE***

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
bibeeron

Re: ***Write Reviews For The VSE***

Post by bibeeron » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi there
My english ! i hope so is not to bad to comunicate with this forum.
There is anybady else how knows about the Sequential T8

i want to load the factoryprogramms from a cassette to the T8. When i start the cassette and push the button when the ton comes from the Cass. the LED is still on until 3sec. bevor the cassette is finished, then the LED goes blinking. i tryed with div. Signal levels. what can bi wrong? :?:

Best Regard from Swizerland

Cybercardinal
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Cybercardinal » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Somebody ought to write a rewiev of the Kawai R-100. It's a great classic!

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2008/04/kawai-r100.html

axxim
Gear: Korg Radias, Roland VP-770

Post by axxim » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:30 am

Hi,

having a VP-770, I thought I could write a review for it so I registered in this forum. Now I see I can't open the submission form due having just being registerd. So what are the criteria to be allowed to collaborate with such a review? Number of posts? Time?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, problem solved!

ryryoftokyo
Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: Tarot Sync

Post by ryryoftokyo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:47 pm

Would like to re-do the Yamaha AN1x review. . . is this something you would want or should I just go ahead and start punching up something about the Ace Tone FR-3 Drum Machine?
MU Modular (Moog, Dotcom, STG, Analog Systems, and Moon modules), MS20 (x2), Microbrute, Electribes (EA-1, EMX), microKorg, AN1x, Nord Lead 2x, Blofeld, Alpha Juno 2, DX7, JX8P, Poly 61 (x2), Split 8, TR-505, Monotron Delay, Ace Tone FR-3, Paia Fatman

vintagesynth
Retired Admin

Post by vintagesynth » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:34 pm

ryryoftokyo wrote:Would like to re-do the Yamaha AN1x review. . . is this something you would want or should I just go ahead and start punching up something about the Ace Tone FR-3 Drum Machine?
Both. We'd take re-writes and new stuff. :thumbsup:
Retired admin. Please do not PM me for support.

vladimotor
Gear: V-Synth, Kurzweil PC3le6, Akai Miniak, Korg MicroX, Godin Solidac, Breedlove AC25, Live, Samplitude pro, Zebra, Z3ta, Imposcar, Absynth 4, FM8, Pro53

Post by vladimotor » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:59 pm

It's about time Kurzweil section be updated with PC3/PC3X/PC3LE models.

thehighesttree

Post by thehighesttree » Tue May 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Korg R3 review submitted for approval! Let's get on that then, Mr. vintagesynth :D

EDIT: Just noticed no more estimated value...I guess things got to politically charged at VSE!

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 pm

I'll like to make the review for the DSI TEMPEST. Did somebody already submit it?
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Could do a Welson Syntex one.

cornutt
Gear: 6th

Post by cornutt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Several reviews queued up, hint hint. I submitted one for the Roland S-750 sampler.
Switches, knobs, buttons, LEDs, LCD screens, monitors, keys, mice, jacks, sockets. Now two joysticks!

Synthetech

Synth Mod Kit Reviews??

Post by Synthetech » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 pm

I was curious if there was interest in re-reviewing a synth if there is a legit "Mod Kit" for sale/purchase.
Such as the Kiwi JX3P upgrade kit:

http://kiwitechnics.com/jx3pupgrade.htm

Or other similar upgrades that you can actually purchase for an existing synth that is already reviewed here.
I'm not trying to include some of the circuit bending mods like whats done to a Casio SK or Moogslayer for the poly 800.
Just the established mods that significantly improve/alter the sound of an existing synth and/or greatly adds features such as MIDI sysex abilities to do on the fly CC's.

Just seems to me that adding a modded synth to the end of a review of an unmodded synth might be confusing... that it would be best to keep them separate reviews.

I thought it best to ask now before anyone such as myself puts effort into submitting a review like this, only to have it denied for unforeseen reasons.

Synthetech

Post by Synthetech » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:06 pm

So does this place do reviews of gear anymore??

vintagesynth
Retired Admin

Post by vintagesynth » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:38 am

Hi folks,

I just wanted to poke ya'll and remind you that we love it when you send us new synths reviews!

But it's been quiet for a couple months. :(

So if anybody wants to contribute, just click on the "Add a Review" link up towards the header of this page.

Remember that those of you who have submitted three or more reviews earn the "VSE Contributor" badge here. A few of you members just need to drop us one more review to earn that! :)

Thanks VSE'ers!
Retired admin. Please do not PM me for support.

CS_TBL
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: All "In-The-Box"
Mainly FM8

Post by CS_TBL » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:54 pm

I could write an extensive Supernova 2 rack review. It was my daily obsessive synth prior to FM8.. ^^, so I know about all the peek holes and stuff. It would mean, however, that you'd need to split up the existing 'Supernova' article, which contains keyboard models, modules, Supernova 1 & 2.. a bit of a mess really. Are you okay with that (a dedicated SN2r article)?
"You know I love you, CS, but this is bullshit." (Automatic Gainsay)
s: VSL/FM8/EWQL/LASS h: DX7/FS1r/VL70/SY77/SN2r/JD800/JD990/XV88/Emu6400/Poly61/Amek35:12:2/genelec1030 r: Violin/AltoSax/TinWhistle c: i7-4770/RAM32GB/SSD
FM8 vids

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Anyone know what the turn-around time for accepting/declining reviews? Really hopeful that my Spectralis review gets put up :D