***Write Reviews For The VSE***

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
acemonvw

Re: ***Write Reviews For The VSE***

Post by acemonvw » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 pm

...So... is VSE still accepting new reviews?

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 pm

No clue. Admin won't respond. No one cares.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:58 am

There's a review of the MS20 Mini so we are obviously accepting new reviews.

I'm just a mod, though...I'm not involved with the review process.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Yeah, I've just had mine in the queue since early October, thought it'd take at most a month. I'd like to see some Radikal Technologies info on the site at some point!

jxalex
Gear: enough

Post by jxalex » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:53 pm

I read through all posts, and there was no word if the soundcards with synthesizer onboard are also accepted.
Roland RAP-10 for example

Another idea:
About "find right synth for you" menu, I think that even if the FM synthesizers are digital ones, would not it be a separate category, since most vintage digital synths are about PCMs and samplers? Becouse it would certainly help to filter out the synthesizers which are FM synths, or have FM engine in it.

Well, nowadays the digital ones are no longer just FMs and ROMplers
So, it would be analog, digital, FM, VA, sampler, rompler (not counting AWM, AI2, AWM2 and such as separate ones)?
Just an idea.

Baus

Post by Baus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:59 pm

Don't bother!

We can keep the Forums alive but I think anything website contents related has not changed for the past years and it will probably not change either... unfortunately.

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:33 am

I agree, don't bother. There are a ton of reviews in the backlog.

That said, I think you could make a review about a soundcard with synthesizer on board, especially since there are plenty of plugins on the site... just don't think you should waste your time until reviews start getting posted.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:35 am

Stay tuned, there are plans by the administrators to get the flow of reviews started up again soon.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

gcoudert
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Roland Fantom X7 with Ultimate Keys expansion, Yamaha TX802, Roland JP-8080, Tascam DP-24SD.

Post by gcoudert » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:21 am

Great. I'd be happy to write a Fantom X review.
GC

Vxster

Post by Vxster » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:11 am

Twice? ;)

gcoudert
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Roland Fantom X7 with Ultimate Keys expansion, Yamaha TX802, Roland JP-8080, Tascam DP-24SD.

Post by gcoudert » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:17 am

Vxster wrote:Twice? ;)
Yeah, check my gear list, I've got two! :lol:
GC

jxalex
Gear: enough

Post by jxalex » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Baus wrote:Don't bother!

We can keep the Forums alive but I think anything website contents related has not changed for the past years and it will probably not change either... unfortunately.
Still I bother.
They get all the updates and more what I can give, if they only keep the forum usable to my old browser too. :)
It means very much to me.

There are really some changes coming, but I hope it does not change from better to worse.
So far I provided some fact updates already about some synthesizers, and there are more goodies to come and articles too.

So far I love that website -- I love how the forum is - hey, I can use it with old browsers which does not have Javascript functions, which means that I really can use the vintage sequencer machine, and read the vintagesynth site on pauses!

The only way I leave the forum is IF the administration changes the websites so it does not work on old browsers anymore or does not work anymore with browsers without javascript. It means that then I cannot contribute either anymore if the requirements go way up to browsers. (I am not upgrading just becouse if some webdesigners state their demands in order to fit their solutions what I do not want and do not need (as we know usually it is tons of advertising and "statistic" http sites it tries to visit)).

Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 am

meatballfulton wrote:Stay tuned, there are plans by the administrators to get the flow of reviews started up again soon.
Is there any kind of list which synth reviews are currently in the pipeline?

I, for instance, consider doing a review of the Korg microSampler some time (hopefully this summer). But that probably wouldn't make too much sense if three people did it already and their reviews are just waiting to be published right now :) .
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Weirdofromouterspace wrote:Is there any kind of list which synth reviews are currently in the pipeline?
http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/submi ... p?mode=log

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Tue May 30, 2017 5:51 pm

What's up with the new reviews coming in that AREN'T the ones from the submission? Some of us worked hard back in 2014 up to now making reviews that have been left untouched. I don't even see these new reviews anywhere in the submission queue, unless I'm really missing something.