Viruscontrol ? for access virus c

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Oppression
Gear: Access Virus Indigo2
Korg Z1
Roland JP-8080
Roland Juno-106
Roland MKS-50 +Pg-300

Various VSTi's

Viruscontrol ? for access virus c

Post by Oppression » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:55 pm

i've heard theres a device for midi use called virus control? is that just for the Ti or what? if theres a virus midi device id love to know where i can get it. id like to use my virus c in FL studio.

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Re: Viruscontrol ? for access virus c

Post by Hybrid88 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:03 am

99.9% sure that it's just for the Ti, thats what's meant by Ti, Total Integration, ie. software control.

Maybe try a piece of software called sounddiver I think this can be made to control synths but I have no experience with it myself.

Cheers.

Oppression
Korg Z1
Roland JP-8080
Roland Juno-106
Roland MKS-50 +Pg-300

Various VSTi's

Post by Oppression » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:10 am

Sounddiver cool. i looked everywhere for it, it is freeware but it's all mac. still looking for a windows version.

CfNorENa
Gear: SEM | SH-2 | Prophet 5 | MKS-70 | Microwave XTk | Kronos || AD 202 | El Capistan | DP/4 | Eclipse | Rumour | PCM90

Post by CfNorENa » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:59 am

This rings a bell. I think it is a product that Virus made before they started making synths, some sort of knobular control for something else. But can't for the life of me remember what (but not an Access synth, IIRC).

boreg

Post by boreg » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:56 am

Oppression wrote:i've heard theres a device for midi use called virus control?
Virus Control is the plugin for controlling the TI line of viruses (TI, TI2, Polar, Snow). It uses USB, rather than MIDI, for communication with the synth.
CfNorENa wrote:This rings a bell. I think it is a product that Virus made before they started making synths, some sort of knobular control for something else. But can't for the life of me remember what (but not an Access synth, IIRC).
Before the Virus A, Access used to make hardware knob boxes for the Oberheim Matrix 1000 and the Waldorf Microwave

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm

Oppression wrote:Sounddiver cool. i looked everywhere for it, it is freeware but it's all mac. still looking for a windows version.
Solution, get a mac. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist, not a big fan of PC's.

Edit: Aha, struck gold - just the thing ;)

http://www.squest.com/Windows/Instrumen ... index.html

CfNorENa wrote:This rings a bell. I think it is a product that Virus made before they started making synths, some sort of knobular control for something else. But can't for the life of me remember what (but not an Access synth, IIRC).
No, no, thats something completely different - very early on in the history of Access, they built, I think as their first product, a hardware controller for the Oberheim Matrix 1000 and Waldorf Microwave. The OP wants a piece of software to control the parameters of his Virus C remotely from a computer ;)

felis

Post by felis » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:23 pm

VC/TI - Virus Control/Total Integration is for the TI series.

When I bought my B and C units, they came with a disc that had a standalone editing program. Pretty sure it was a Sounddiver adaptation. Maybe it's still available on the Access site?

CfNorENa
Gear: SEM | SH-2 | Prophet 5 | MKS-70 | Microwave XTk | Kronos || AD 202 | El Capistan | DP/4 | Eclipse | Rumour | PCM90

Post by CfNorENa » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:
No, no, thats something completely different - very early on in the history of Access, they built, I think as their first product, a hardware controller for the Oberheim Matrix 1000 and Waldorf Microwave. The OP wants a piece of software to control the parameters of his Virus C remotely from a computer ;)
Too much internet. Brain turning to mush. Must stop now. :oops:

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:34 am

Oppression
Korg Z1
Roland JP-8080
Roland Juno-106
Roland MKS-50 +Pg-300

Various VSTi's

Post by Oppression » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:58 pm

ahhh.. Thanks guys. i tried midiquest spent about 20 hours dinking with it. it works only at first - then it gives me a error window upon opening the vst. it says "cant open midi port driver may be in use." i honestly dont see how it could be in use anywhere. but thats the error it gives me. oh well it's a whole diff topic. also gonna try to try out the virus editor. haha ALL I WANT FOR X-MASS IS MY VIRUS TO WORK IN FL STUDIO! :lol:

skweeegor

Post by skweeegor » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Oppression wrote:ahhh.. Thanks guys. i tried midiquest spent about 20 hours dinking with it. it works only at first - then it gives me a error window upon opening the vst. it says "cant open midi port driver may be in use." i honestly dont see how it could be in use anywhere. but thats the error it gives me. oh well it's a whole diff topic. also gonna try to try out the virus editor. haha ALL I WANT FOR X-MASS IS MY VIRUS TO WORK IN FL STUDIO! :lol:
midiquest is such a buggy piece of c**p with the worst interface ever...and it can't even load sysex files to my knowledge.

What is it you wanna do with your Virus in FL Studio that you need the virus control software for? I thought the Virus can be automated by Midi CC? You won't get all the fancy TI features but you can still get it to play nice with FL.

Oppression
Korg Z1
Roland JP-8080
Roland Juno-106
Roland MKS-50 +Pg-300

Various VSTi's

Post by Oppression » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:07 pm

skweeegor wrote:
Oppression wrote:ahhh.. Thanks guys. i tried midiquest spent about 20 hours dinking with it. it works only at first - then it gives me a error window upon opening the vst. it says "cant open midi port driver may be in use." i honestly dont see how it could be in use anywhere. but thats the error it gives me. oh well it's a whole diff topic. also gonna try to try out the virus editor. haha ALL I WANT FOR X-MASS IS MY VIRUS TO WORK IN FL STUDIO! :lol:
midiquest is such a buggy piece of c**p with the worst interface ever...and it can't even load sysex files to my knowledge.

What is it you wanna do with your Virus in FL Studio that you need the virus control software for? I thought the Virus can be automated by Midi CC? You won't get all the fancy TI features but you can still get it to play nice with FL.
Well i prefer my old version of FL, which is 3.4. it has a program in it called "midi out" which is way cool i can use that to sequence in FL - and send info to the virus, but it wont record so i have to run a sound editor/recorder in the background while i adjust and tweak knobs (on the virus) - with the piano roll sequence running. so basically i'm sampling. so i'm looking to use in and out parts from the virus into FL old or new. doesnt matter. i might be overlooking something in fl 3.4 as to if i can record. and yeah i know what ya mean about midiquest. i've encountered numerous bugs that block some vital parts of the WHOLE CONCEPT. I'm just new to the hardware to software i guess. as i love my vsti's and havn't spent alot of time trying to host hardware synths in software. ever since i sold my sampler i need a new way to do some things obviously.

skweeegor

Post by skweeegor » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 pm

I know later versions of FL can record and send automation...so you can twist the knobs while FL is recording, and FL will record the knob movements as automation and send that back to the virus when playing the sequence. FL 3.4 is pretty old though so I have no clue. Look up midi automation or cc automation or h**l, just "automation" in the manual.

Oppression
Korg Z1
Roland JP-8080
Roland Juno-106
Roland MKS-50 +Pg-300

Various VSTi's

Post by Oppression » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:19 pm

skweeegor wrote:I know later versions of FL can record and send automation...so you can twist the knobs while FL is recording, and FL will record the knob movements as automation and send that back to the virus when playing the sequence. FL 3.4 is pretty old though so I have no clue. Look up midi automation or cc automation or h**l, just "automation" in the manual.

yeah? i was thinking the same thing. i havnt installed my fl 8 yet but i just might have to again if i cant get 3.4 to do what i want... thanks i'll look that up.