Winter NAMM 2010

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
impaler42
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Ensoniq Fizmo, Yamaha FS1R, E-mu Ultra Proteus, Korg Wavestation SR, Waldorf Blofeld
Band: Grainshifter

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by impaler42 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Cant wait for the Ableton-Serato announcement. They are supposed to reveal what it is they are working on today. Also, they got a page up.

www.ableton-serato.com
electronic music forever

http://www.grainshifter.com[/url]

Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Altitude » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:19 pm

impaler42 wrote:Cant wait for the Ableton-Serato announcement. They are supposed to reveal what it is they are working on today. Also, they got a page up.

http://www.ableton-serato.com
Here ya go: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/01/1 ... #more-9083

polar69
Gear: An1x CS1x Rm1x MPD24 Stylophone Zoom gfx100 Reason Reaper

Post by polar69 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Any NAMM vids on you tube ?

Would be interested to see what the kaoss sounds like

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 pm

The Virus TI update is interesting:
Various new vintage distortion pedal modeling effects, vocal and comb filter effects and arpeggiator as a routable modulation source.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE

Post by Joey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:05 pm

so on this. just need it to f**k come out now!

the arp basically tuns itself into a modulation sequencer with the user patterns. so sick!
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Nice to see it's a free update for Serato. No videos of it in action so far.

Arturia Origin keyboard to ship and I doubt anyone cares.
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

Gear: TB-303, MC-505, MC-09, V-Synth GT, FR-777, FR-XS, MFB: Synth II, EMU Proteus 2500/CS, FS1R, Supernova II, Fusion 6HD, ER-1 MKII
Band: 23, A23P, Piss Ant

Post by 23 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:00 pm

I swear, outside of atomizer, just about every single new feature to the TI has essentially been Access trying to turn the darn thing into a generic V. Emphasis on "generic", because continually the features tend to not go as indepth as Roland work did.
So yep.....looks like they've done it again.

polardark

Post by polardark » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:03 pm

So eh... the "kaossilator pro"... couldn't they just have offered a firmware upgrade for the KP3? :P

impaler42
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Ensoniq Fizmo, Yamaha FS1R, E-mu Ultra Proteus, Korg Wavestation SR, Waldorf Blofeld
Band: Grainshifter

Post by impaler42 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:07 am

Is anyone else let down by the Ableton-Serato collab?? It seems like its more geared for Serato users. I thought Live would implement some kind of vinyl emulation or something.
electronic music forever

http://www.grainshifter.com[/url]

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:25 am

23 wrote:I swear, outside of atomizer, just about every single new feature to the TI has essentially been Access trying to turn the darn thing into a generic V. Emphasis on "generic", because continually the features tend to not go as indepth as Roland work did.
So yep.....looks like they've done it again.
That's interesting. I have to admit a bit of ignorance towards the V-synth. It always made me think of a do-it-all workstation thing, even when reading the specs. That combined with the fact that I think it's ugly and it looks like a slightly hipper version of a workstation have made me stay away. I know a lot of people really love it though. One of these days I'll have to check it out. I've always clicked with the Virus line though and they do have a destinct sound.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:27 am

impaler42 wrote:Is anyone else let down by the Ableton-Serato collab?? It seems like its more geared for Serato users. I thought Live would implement some kind of vinyl emulation or something.
I wasn't expecting anything different, there's already the vinyl crackle plugin and Ms. Pinky in Live, not much they could add there.

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:11 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
impaler42 wrote:Is anyone else let down by the Ableton-Serato collab?? It seems like its more geared for Serato users. I thought Live would implement some kind of vinyl emulation or something.
I wasn't expecting anything different, there's already the vinyl crackle plugin and Ms. Pinky in Live, not much they could add there.
Yeah what he says. Everyone thought it was going to be Serato in Live. From looking at it I thought so what just turn those tracks into mp3's and play them in Serato. What I don't get is can we use Live's effects? Traktor has had effects and a software mixer forever. I was hoping you were going to be able to use Live for effects, as a software mixer, and maybe something crazy experimental with max. Oh and a midi clock to use other gear live with your set. :|

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:03 am

polardark wrote:So eh... the "kaossilator pro"... couldn't they just have offered a firmware upgrade for the KP3? :P
:lol:

You probably could put the KOP firmware on with the USB update utility, I imagine the hardware is identical.

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:16 am

Surprised none of your guys posted this yet since a lot of people seem to be jocking it.

From their youtube.

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:29 am

Also info up on their site now. That tape function seems cool.

Teenage Engineering OP-1

FM radio? ahahaha. It actually has a lot of features and a motion sensor. Is this a Casio SK-1 for the new generation? No price though. If it's not super expensive I would get one. :D