Winter NAMM 2010

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
User avatar
rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 am
Real name: Ryan
Band: Ghost Fires, The Witch Family
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by rharris07 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:12 pm

space6oy wrote:ugh, those ARE sweet...




these do look super awesome. any ideas on prices though?

MEK | SixTrak | DrumTraks | Motif 8 | DW8000 | MicroKorg | EMX1 & ESX1 | Soviet TOM | Arp Quartet | SD-1 32V | Elka 490 | Indigo 2 | E6400 | Morpheus | SQ2 | DotCom Modular

Dogboy73
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:35 pm
Location: Essex, UK

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by Dogboy73 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:53 pm

space6oy wrote:
pflosi wrote:the tap tempo idea is great. cv inputs and internal lfo look useful too. pricetag?
supposed to be released 3-4 weeks from now, no pre-announced price.
Just found this;

http://www.andertons.co.uk/ElectricGuit ... oryBoy.asp

£125?! I'm buying one! Would be nice ti have this in a rack verison that could maybe add a few more parameter controls but at that price I think I'll go for it anyway. Sold to me ;)

User avatar
space6oy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5401
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:29 am
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.
Location: stuck in ohio.
Contact:

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by space6oy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:30 pm

rharris07 wrote:these do look super awesome. any ideas on prices though?
ouch.

wow and flutter - 320
mini-ark - 429
tracer city - 479

User avatar
kuroichi
Expert Member
Expert Member
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:43 am

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by kuroichi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:06 pm

space6oy wrote:
rharris07 wrote:these do look super awesome. any ideas on prices though?
ouch.

wow and flutter - 320
mini-ark - 429
tracer city - 479
To be honest I was expecting these kind of prices.... but either way I'm saving for that metasonix drum machine
Come on Bennett.... Let's Party!

User avatar
Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:26 am
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...
Location: Australia

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by Hybrid88 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:14 am

So nothing new from Digidesign then? I was kinda expecting a new line of interfaces given that the had a worldwide price drop on the Mbox stuff.

So is now still a good time to get a Mbox Pro, I've been after something like that for ages?

User avatar
RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:57 am
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion
Location: California/OT

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by RobotHeroes » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:09 am

kuroichi wrote:To be honest I was expecting these kind of prices.... but either way I'm saving for that metasonix drum machine
Buying those three pedals would be cheaper than that drum machine. $1500 seriously? The things we enjoy huh.
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

User avatar
kuroichi
Expert Member
Expert Member
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:43 am

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by kuroichi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:27 am

RobotHeroes wrote:
kuroichi wrote:To be honest I was expecting these kind of prices.... but either way I'm saving for that metasonix drum machine
Buying those three pedals would be cheaper than that drum machine. $1500 seriously? The things we enjoy huh.
originally I intended to buy all of those pedals. But between that, a mopho keyboard and finishing off my moogerfooger collection, I decided to put all my money into a new drum machine. Well for now anyway. I could be broke by then. Dancing on street corners for money. The traditional source of income for an electronic musician whatever we are.

Edit* plus, it goes with my avatar.
Come on Bennett.... Let's Party!

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9723
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:41 pm
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX
Location: monster island*
Contact:

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by Stab Frenzy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:44 am

Hybrid88 wrote:So nothing new from Digidesign then? I was kinda expecting a new line of interfaces given that the had a worldwide price drop on the Mbox stuff.

So is now still a good time to get a Mbox Pro, I've been after something like that for ages?
The price drop in aus may have been due to the stronger dollar.

Digi generally announce at AES or the more pro audio oriented shows, rather than NAMM which is more focused on instruments. I've heard a lot of rumours that Digi are going to drop something big this year, it's about time too. I love their software but don't love the hardware (the hardware I can afford anyway).

User avatar
rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 am
Real name: Ryan
Band: Ghost Fires, The Witch Family
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by rharris07 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:46 am

space6oy wrote:
rharris07 wrote:these do look super awesome. any ideas on prices though?
ouch.

wow and flutter - 320
mini-ark - 429
tracer city - 479

i'll just buy 'em used!

MEK | SixTrak | DrumTraks | Motif 8 | DW8000 | MicroKorg | EMX1 & ESX1 | Soviet TOM | Arp Quartet | SD-1 32V | Elka 490 | Indigo 2 | E6400 | Morpheus | SQ2 | DotCom Modular

User avatar
scimmiamk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:04 am
Location: perugia italy

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by scimmiamk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 am

tallowwaters wrote:Now if only EHX would put there I/O on the back of their pedals...
I totally agree on that, I've had to sell my hazarai because of that lateral I/O
I couldn't place it on top of my nord stage without having all the cables disturbing me while I using the NS front panel controllers

Though the delay was cool

User avatar
Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:26 am
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...
Location: Australia

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by Hybrid88 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Hybrid88 wrote:So nothing new from Digidesign then? I was kinda expecting a new line of interfaces given that the had a worldwide price drop on the Mbox stuff.

So is now still a good time to get a Mbox Pro, I've been after something like that for ages?
The price drop in aus may have been due to the stronger dollar...
Nah, I think I read it somewhere, and mentioned it to a guy in a music shop that sells Digidesign stuff, he seemed to concur that Digi had a price reduction on their interfaces, and the one in the shop was marked down - and stores in Tas almost never mark down if they can help it. :lol:
Stab Frenzy wrote:...Digi generally announce at AES or the more pro audio oriented shows, rather than NAMM which is more focused on instruments. I've heard a lot of rumours that Digi are going to drop something big this year, it's about time too. I love their software but don't love the hardware (the hardware I can afford anyway).
Cool, didn't know when they'd be likely to announce new gear, I guess it's just a waiting game, might be something really good, might not - still Pro Tools 8 looks to be a huge improvement, just need the lower end (ie not 003, but MBox Pro etc) Digi interfaces to catch up. :D

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9723
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:41 pm
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX
Location: monster island*
Contact:

Re: Winter NAMM 2010

Post by Stab Frenzy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Yeah I quite like 8, have been using it for a few months now and it's a good progression. I'd be keen to upgrade if they put out an interface that was a step up from the 003, something like the Ensemble or Fireface 800 in audio quality would be good. Also would love automatic PDC, that would save a whole lot of stuffing around.

Post Reply