Blofeld and Dark Energy.

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
crispy
Gear: E-MU PROTEUS 2500, NOVATION REMOTE 25 SL

Blofeld and Dark Energy.

Post by crispy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:54 am

Hi, I'm on the go to get a waldorf Blofeld keyboard and I would like to add to my setup a small analog like the Doepfer Dark Energy. Here's my question: Is it possible to run an arpeggiator from the Blofeld via a midi channel to play the Dark Energy while playing another part on the keyboard with a sound of the Blofeld. I'm a kind of newbie with midi processing and waldorf does not communicate that information both on the website or the manual.
I've read many topics on this forum and there seem to have here a lot of gear-addict guys who should have the answer.
Thanks a lot!

Forgive my bad english but I'm french and need practicing :mrgreen:

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: Blofeld and Dark Energy.

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:39 am

Not sure if you can on the Blofeld, what you want to look for in the manual is multitimbral settings. It can be done on other synths.

crispy

Post by crispy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:26 am

The manual is not very clear about midi sending. I could probably send midi note on/note off on a midi channel but nothing about the possibility to have a zone of the keyboard affected to an external gear and another one to an internal sound, but can you ask a 700€ synth to behave as a masterkeyboard; the manual lacks information about these possibilities. If some other synths in that price range offer this way to work (basically for live use), i'm opened to any suggestions.

DocT

Post by DocT » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:07 am

No, the Bolfeld arpeggiator doesn't sen it's data via midi, and no, the Blofeld kreyboard doesn't have master keyboard abilities for controlling external gear.

crispy

Post by crispy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 am

Ok, Does the nord lead 2x offer this possibility; I own a proteus 2500 and a novation remote 25 sl and my next project as a musician is in an electro-pop band and this means that my gear that stands in the studio (and never went out ) is gonna move for rehearsals and gigs. I was about to sell my novation and buy a synth with more than 25 keys but only if it has capacities to control the proteus while playing his own sounds. I love the sound of the blofeld but it seems that it's more a standalone machine and if I go for it, I have to keep my remote 25 to play the proteus. Another choice for me is the Nord lead 2x, I read in the manual that what they call "slots" could send midi datas independently from each others but I'm not sure of what I read caus' my technical English language is limited. If the nord does not do this job, can you tell me what V.A synth under 1000€ can do it?
Thanks for your answers and your advices.

Cosmosis
Gear: Access Virus A - Roland JX-8P - Korg K25 controller - Korg EX800 - Kaysound controller - Roland TR-707.
Band: TASHA-YAR/R. Mötte/Agrabatti

Post by Cosmosis » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:56 am

The only synth I have known to send sequencer MIDI info is the Kurzwiel k2000, which works great with my commrades' modular setup....

stikygum

Post by stikygum » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:57 am

You could send notes to the blofeld from your software sequencer (if you have one) on one part and then put the Blo on part 2 and play that patch over it.
"MTV's gaudy overexuberance contributed to the trivialization of the one thing it had been initiated to support, music" - Rik Millhouse

crispy

Post by crispy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Ok, but i'm getting old and I don't want to take all my gear with me for rehearsals. The less gear I carry, the best it is :D . Cosmosis talked about kurzweil who makes amazing gear (personally own a KSP8) and I went on their website (I thought they were no longer on the market, shame on me!) and I found the pc 361 very appealing; does someone know this keyboard?