My new Roland Juno-6. WARNING: SYNTH p**n AHEAD

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Yatmandu
Gear: reverse

Re: My new Roland Juno-6. WARNING: SYNTH p**n AHEAD

Post by Yatmandu » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Aside from patch memory (Ju-60) and continuous HPF (Ju-6) versus 5-setting HPF (Ju-60) there's no difference between the two, right? Just wondering why someone would want both, aside from the collector's standpoint. If anything, owning one of Ju-6/60 and a 106 would cover more sonic ground, no?

sqweebking
Gear: Roland, Moog, Yamaha, Korg, Novation, etc.
Band: sqweebking

Post by sqweebking » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:58 pm

I suppose having a 106 instead of a second 6 or 60 would cover more sonic ground, but in my case I got the 60 because I enjoy the sound of the 6 so much. I just wanted another one to be able to play 2 awesome juno patches at the same time.

ensoniqphreak
Gear: A stick ter bang on a holler log. Its all ye need fer musik. Gerd musik. And purdy cheap ter boot. No really though: see my sig.
Band: The Cotton Progressives

Post by ensoniqphreak » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:03 pm

hmmm. I only own one (JU-6) but I can see the benefits of having both, one for pure tweaking pleasure and one to save patches for easy recall during performances. That said--and not to toot my own horn--being a pretty decent programmer makes recalling patches from memory on the Juno damn easy. Lmao if my DX7 had the juno interface how I would hate it...... So i see both sides. I for one dont think that the Juno-6/ 60 and 106 sound THAT different. The 6-60s are a bit more flexible (ENV can modulate pulse width) and yes the attack is has more "twang" on the 6-60 but qualitatively they are similar instruments. I would get the 106 now over the 60 just because its slightly different and still has the patch storage that the 6 lacks. Not to mention cheaper.
Spencer Musick (my real last name if youll believe it)

Gear: Yamaha DX7, Roland Juno-6, Ensoniq ESQ-1, CZ-101. VAs: Korg Legacy Collection, DAhornet, Omaha, SQ-8L, Arppe 2600.

sqweebking
Gear: Roland, Moog, Yamaha, Korg, Novation, etc.
Band: sqweebking

Post by sqweebking » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 pm

I also jumped on my 60 because of the price, I saw their prices going up and up and up and was afraid I may never get one. I may get a 106 sometime in the future but at the moment if kind of maxed out my usable space :-)

adie

Post by adie » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:33 pm

May I have one plz?