those fancy stands for synths

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Re: those fancy stands for synths

Post by balma » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Old Iron Giant wrote:Image
WTF That's the most uncomfortable stand ever...

LCD contrast unredeable??
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Post by Z » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:52 pm

balma wrote:
LCD contrast unredeable??
M-12 uses VFD's. They're probably still readable at that angle.

I'd just be worried about getting carpal tunnel syndrome.

Old Iron Giant
Gear: Virus Ti2, Indig2, EmuXL7, Microkorg.
Band: KHz+

Post by Old Iron Giant » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:12 pm

I totally agree about the OB-Matrix 12 stand being unpractical.
The stand Bobbs/Swivels/Pivots/Rotates/Moves/Chaotic/Unrealistic/Carpal tunnel...... bla bla bla

I would imagine its like having a keyboard mounted to a Bobble head figure. :lol:
It seems you would need to keep consent hold of the stand wile playing, to keep it from moving around. "talk about aggravating" but! it is a staple of their stage performance. :shrugs:
do whatever possible to entertain the audience i guess.. even if it means messing your writs up.. :roll:

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Post by StepLogik » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Old Iron Giant wrote: "gravity kills / Douglas Firley W/ Oberheim • Matrix 12"
lol @ there being absolutely zero synth in that track

there is something very evil about using a Matrix-12 as a stage prop. :lol:

organsymphony
Gear: an assortment of various friction idiophones
Band: Parrot Fashion

Post by organsymphony » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:38 pm

the guy in the kraftwerk vid is my best mate (spleg) :) he's just got a bog standard pretty much brandless 3 tier keyboard stand and then a two tier one which is double braced and pretty nice and sturdy, also brandless I think. as far as i know they were both ebay purchases.
muuzar wrote:bit like this,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8KNo1wFS_k also cant think of a decent way of holding my rack synth with the space ive got aswell (would be pointless getting a rack as ive got only one rack module.
do you have a laptop in your set up? look into the SKB studio flyer if you want a rack without wasting too much space

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:44 pm

StepLogik wrote:
Old Iron Giant wrote: "gravity kills / Douglas Firley W/ Oberheim • Matrix 12"
lol @ there being absolutely zero synth in that track

there is something very evil about using a Matrix-12 as a stage prop. :lol:
:pissed: Pics that show power and audio cable connected or he's fakin'!!!! :pissed:
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

Spleg
Gear: Little Phatty, Juno 6, Microkorg, Yamaha DX7, AKAI S1000, Alesis HR-16B, Roland TR-707, Commodore 64
Band: Envelope Generator

Post by Spleg » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:05 am

I just got a text from my mate saying "Holy f**k h**l get online right now", and I thought maybe someone had died or something terrible had happened and I started imagining all sorts of horrible situations and I shook myself up a little... then I get online and he says "check out this thread, it's your video!" ...goddamnit! :lol:

Yup, that's just a Proel 3-tier keyboard stand, but it's pretty damn sturdy (and kinda heavy). Only thing is the tiers are a little short, and I currently have a big old ARP Axxe on the middle tier which kinda hangs worryingly over the edge... but nothing's fallen off yet!I got it from djmmusic.com, cost me about £90 I think but looks like they've lowered the price a little.
Old Iron Giant wrote:If you find out who he is on the forum, let me know. I really enjoyed the video :D
Awww, thanks! :D

organsymphony
Gear: an assortment of various friction idiophones
Band: Parrot Fashion

Post by organsymphony » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 am

Spleg wrote:I just got a text from my mate saying "Holy f**k h**l get online right now", and I thought maybe someone had died or something terrible had happened and I started imagining all sorts of horrible situations and I shook myself up a little... then I get online and he says "check out this thread, it's your video!" ...goddamnit!
dude the guy needed to know what stands you were using. its damn important!

Spleg
Gear: Little Phatty, Juno 6, Microkorg, Yamaha DX7, AKAI S1000, Alesis HR-16B, Roland TR-707, Commodore 64
Band: Envelope Generator

Post by Spleg » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 am

organsymphony wrote:the guy in the kraftwerk vid is my best mate (spleg) :) he's just got a bog standard pretty much brandless 3 tier keyboard stand and then a two tier one which is double braced and pretty nice and sturdy, also brandless I think. as far as i know they were both ebay purchases.
Oh there you are! They're both double braced actually, there's loads of cheap not-double-braced three tier stands out there and it took a while to find one that looked sturdy enough for a bunch of heavy analogue bastards...
organsymphony wrote:dude the guy needed to know what stands you were using. its damn important!
I got myself all worked up over it, you sent me an ambiguous text! :o