Page 1 of 1

Virus C Series OS 6.6 (Public Beta)

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:54 am
by Yekuku
Apparently it seems that Access released a new beta OS for the C series that improves the arpeggiator's behavior when synced to MIDI clock.
http://www.access-music.de/api/download ... ic%20Beta)
Has anybody tried it ?
I am wondering if they solved the Lfo 3 LED bug too, but there is no changelog at their website.
I am hesitating to try this new OS, since it is beta , I dont want to take any risks by flashing the eprom.

Re: Virus C Series OS 6.6 (Public Beta)

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:15 pm
by meatballfulton
Just make sure you have a copy of the last OS to reload if there are issues.

Nice to see that they are still releasing updates for a synth long discontinued.

Re: Virus C Series OS 6.6 (Public Beta)

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:47 pm
by Stab Frenzy
meatballfulton wrote:Nice to see that they are still releasing updates for a synth long discontinued.
Yeah it sure is. Companies that offer fantastic support above and beyond what you'd expect make me much more likely to buy from them.

Re: Virus C Series OS 6.6 (Public Beta)

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:55 pm
by StepLogik
Stab Frenzy wrote:
meatballfulton wrote:Nice to see that they are still releasing updates for a synth long discontinued.
Yeah it sure is. Companies that offer fantastic support above and beyond what you'd expect make me much more likely to buy from them.
That's the truth right there. I have a strong disliking for companies that abandon the product after the hardware sale is made (Roland, I'm looking at you...).

Re: Virus C Series OS 6.6 (Public Beta)

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:07 am
by metrosonus
anyone found a good librarian for the C yet?

Re: Virus C Series OS 6.6 (Public Beta)

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:32 am
by chimney chop
Yekuku wrote:Apparently it seems that Access released a new beta OS for the C series that improves the arpeggiator's behavior when synced to MIDI clock.
http://www.access-music.de/api/download ... ic%20Beta)
Has anybody tried it ?
I am wondering if they solved the Lfo 3 LED bug too, but there is no changelog at their website.
I am hesitating to try this new OS, since it is beta , I dont want to take any risks by flashing the eprom.
how did 6.6 treat you?

Re: Virus C Series OS 6.6 (Public Beta)

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:30 am
by chimney chop
spent a little time with 6.6 now and am going back to 6.5

I had a lot of stuck notes with 6.6 that the panic function would not fix.

had to power down to clear them.

this was on my Indigo 2 playing on its native keyboard.