Korg M3: most beautiful synth in the world?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Re: Korg M3: most beautiful synth in the world?

Postby Hugo76 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:47 am

griffin avid wrote:Touchscreen created drum tracks???? I'm looking into that today.

Wow! I never heard of that - could you point me in the right direction (manual, tutotial..)?
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby griffin avid » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:34 am

The M3 isn't in front of me and I've only had it for a day so this is all from memory.
1) Hit SEQ
2) Page Select button.
3) choose P6 which is...Event Edit
4) Select Piano Roll
4) Change grid resolution to 16ths which I believe was shown as a Quater note icon with a 3 next to it.

When you return to main sequencer screen, you'll see the bars broken down into measures with a straight vertical line (like Cubase) and little squares inbetween, which are the sixteenths. You select snap to grid and you have a Step Sequencer that works by touch screen note input (after you select the pencil icon obviously).

They said all of this was in the Parameters Guide (and NOT the user manual [wha?]).
I PDF word searched and there isn't a reference to Grid (applicable to this function) or Piano Roll at all.
I found that VERY weird.

As cool as it sounds, I found myself looking super close to the screen and ZOOMING in super close to make the edits.
I suddenly wished for a VGA port (A'la MV8800) so I could see the screen bigger. The screen is already huge, but this was still a little tedious. It wasn't as free as playing drums using a Kaoss Pad. Maybe if they made zones the drum hits it could work, but it requires precise editing. Not as hot as I first thought it would be.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com
griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby Hugo76 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Awesome! Thanks, Griffin! :D
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby gridsleep » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:05 pm

The Viruses are particularly handsome, but the most beautiful synth in my eyes is the Hartmann Neuron. However, if you are speaking of devices, any device, which synthesizes sounds, the Kolner Dom organ in Cologne has to be the most beautiful synthesizer in the world.
Nymph, in thy orisons be all my synths remember'd.
gridsleep
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Das Vorlagengehirn
Band: Big Steam Horse

Postby vladimotor » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 am

Absolutely brilliant design, I think all the wonderful Kronos engines should have been housed in M3 shell. Kronos physically is very unappealing, very safe, very cheap.
vladimotor

Gear: V-Synth, Kurzweil PC3le6, Akai Miniak, Korg MicroX, Godin Solidac, Breedlove AC25, Live, Samplitude pro, Zebra, Z3ta, Imposcar, Absynth 4, FM8, Pro53

Postby Erickem » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:41 am

same colour.

Previous

Return to General Synthesizers