MicroQ Ext Input

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
polyklinik
Gear: VCO, VCF, THC, LSD

MicroQ Ext Input

Post by polyklinik » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:13 pm

Anybody use it? I tried it on the Access Virus B, and the result was amazing. The MicroQ is dirty cheap these days, but what's up with the sound quality if i use the input? Is it usable as a filterbank/effect processor?

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Re: MicroQ Ext Input

Post by balma » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Yes, is a good feature from the Micro Q. What's your concern about the quality of the input?

Generally I use it to create sounds from 2/3 synths at the same time and sampling them into another synth. I give an extensive use to the audio inputs.
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

snsr
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by snsr » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:40 pm

polyklinik wrote:Anybody use it? I tried it on the Access Virus B, and the result was amazing. The MicroQ is dirty cheap these days, but what's up with the sound quality if i use the input? Is it usable as a filterbank/effect processor?
Sound quality is one thing you don't have to worry about with the small Q - it's fantastic. I'm working on a preset setup for a BCR2000 which I think will really open the mQ up to creative tweaking.

polyklinik
Gear: VCO, VCF, THC, LSD

Post by polyklinik » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:51 pm

i would add some life to my TX81z. 2 filters + effects are a great combo. I had a Blofeld which has a crystal clear sound but without ext input. I just ask cause the MicroQ has older converters. Any demos? :roll:

Yekuku
Gear: dk'tronics speech synthesizer :P

Post by Yekuku » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 am

Concerning the mQ, I think that you have to trigger a note (amp envelope) in order to process the external input through the filter.
Although you can route the EXT In directly to the main outs and use its FX, if you want to use the filter , you have to trigger a note. Please correct me if I am wrong.
About the quality of the input, I have no complaints, I use it frequently to add FX to my novation SBS and the results are quite satisfying.
It is all about sharing...

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:09 pm

polyklinik wrote:older converters
:? :? :?

:lol:
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.