This arpeggio interests me

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
aphlux
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
Gear: Korg Radias/Access Virus C/
Moog Little Phatty/Korg TR Rack (combi)/Roland JP-8080/MS2000R/M3/Juno-106/MD SPS-1 UW MK2
Band: Hobbyist

This arpeggio interests me

Post by aphlux » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:51 pm

About 1:54 into the sound the arp kicks in.
This might just sound retarded, but since i havent messed with my gear in a few months, im just trying to get an ear out for things when I get back in country.
Any thoughts how achieve that sound?
Sounds bit like a compressed delay, but knows.

Zarith
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Brek Zarith

Re: This arpeggio interests me

Post by Zarith » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:44 pm

It sounds like an simple synth arpeggio through a phaser and a few delays. You could also achieve this with LFOs and delays.

Bryan / VAC has some great ideas, but the wrong attitude. At heart he is a very good electronic musician but his brain tells him to act like drug addicted nihilist punk. It's kind of sad... Most of his tracks are ruined by immature "goth" lyrics :(

The instrumental version of this track is beautiful. You can find it on the single.

diezdiazgiant
Gear: a computer and some odd bits of junk and microphones
Band: jizzflap f**k

Post by diezdiazgiant » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:34 am

Zarith wrote:It sounds like an simple synth arpeggio through a phaser and a few delays. You could also achieve this with LFOs and delays.

Bryan / VAC has some great ideas, but the wrong attitude. At heart he is a very good electronic musician but his brain tells him to act like drug addicted nihilist punk. It's kind of sad... Most of his tracks are ruined by immature "goth" lyrics :(

The instrumental version of this track is beautiful. You can find it on the single.

is there an emoticon for j**k off onto something??
blunted daydreaming

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:57 am

I think I remember reading or hearing that he used an Alesis A6 Andromeda for it, I could be wrong tho... Maybe you could ask him yourself, he is user http://www.youtube.com/user/hexfix93
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

aphlux
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
Gear: Korg Radias/Access Virus C/
Moog Little Phatty/Korg TR Rack (combi)/Roland JP-8080/MS2000R/M3/Juno-106/MD SPS-1 UW MK2
Band: Hobbyist

Post by aphlux » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Yeah, I traveled on over to his forums and made an account. Im going to see what information i can find.

stikygum

Post by stikygum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:02 pm

Zarith wrote:It sounds like an simple synth arpeggio through a phaser and a few delays. You could also achieve this with LFOs and delays.
Not to sure I hear in phaser in there, but it could work. Lfo and some delay would definitley be the ticket.
"MTV's gaudy overexuberance contributed to the trivialization of the one thing it had been initiated to support, music" - Rik Millhouse

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:22 pm

stikygum wrote:
Not to sure I hear in phaser in there, but it could work. Lfo and some delay would definitley be the ticket.
The phaser effect you mentioned could be the result of layering 2 or more sawtooths with a little difference on the fine tuning, and almost sure, there's a sine LFO with a 4/1 timing affecting the filter.

It is pretty easy to emulate
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma