WHATEVER...

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
CfNorENa
Gear: SEM | SH-2 | Prophet 5 | MKS-70 | Microwave XTk | Kronos || AD 202 | El Capistan | DP/4 | Eclipse | Rumour | PCM90

Re: It takes 2 to tango

Post by CfNorENa » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:34 am

Keep: Pro-One
Buy: A6*

* not my "dream synth," actually, but in this case I'd be looking for the most flexible analog poly to go with the mono.

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:43 am

I already did this. I sold my Jupiter 8 because I got bored playing early 80's riffs.
I bought an Oberheim SEM, Moogerfoogers and a new PC with Komplete 7 with the money, and still have some left over for more kit.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

CfNorENa
Gear: SEM | SH-2 | Prophet 5 | MKS-70 | Microwave XTk | Kronos || AD 202 | El Capistan | DP/4 | Eclipse | Rumour | PCM90

Post by CfNorENa » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:41 am

Solderman wrote:I sold my Jupiter 8 because I got bored playing early 80's riffs.
:lol:

Hey, Solderman, here's a plan: I'll put that on a t-shirt, and then we'll split the profits. Deal?

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:35 am

Solderman wrote:I already did this. I sold my Jupiter 8 because I got bored playing early 80's riffs.
I bought an Oberheim SEM, Moogerfoogers and a new PC with Komplete 7 with the money, and still have some left over for more kit.
So you managed to noodle every single duran duran song to death?

JohnTron
Gear: Cowbell

Re: I'd Call That a Bargain...

Post by JohnTron » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:39 am

Yoozer wrote:
JohnTron wrote:my inability to phrase questions better
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You're welcome!
From "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way"

"Despite this, hackers have a reputation for meeting simple questions with what looks like hostility or arrogance. It sometimes looks like we're reflexively rude to newbies and the ignorant. But this isn't really true.
What we are, unapologetically, is hostile to people who seem to be unwilling to think or to do their own homework before asking questions. People like that are time sinks — they take without giving back, and they waste time we could have spent on another question more interesting and another person more worthy of an answer. "

That right there says it all..well, much of it. Thank you yoozer, I really appreciate it.
"In the end, we'll agree, we'll accept, we'll immortalize."
Jon Anderson - Yes

JohnTron
Gear: Cowbell

Post by JohnTron » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:50 am

sequentialsoftshock wrote:Keep: Pro~One
Get: Prophet 10

Also, you didn't really say anything about drum machines ;)
Good point...better practice your beat-boxing.
"In the end, we'll agree, we'll accept, we'll immortalize."
Jon Anderson - Yes

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:38 pm

tekkentool wrote:
Solderman wrote:I sold my Jupiter 8 because I got bored playing early 80's riffs.
So you managed to noodle every single duran duran song to death?
There are some of my JP8 noodles here. Clearly I suck as a keyboardist and it was going to waste. I'm much happier with the SEM since I can play with cables and control voltages.

Sorry Johntron, back to the thread.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: WHATEVER...

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:53 pm

JohnTron: I've merged these topics so that you can keep all your hypothetical threads in one place rather than having them cluttering up the General Synths forum and annoying people, which they have been. If you want to have these little fantasy synth exercises please do them in this thread rather than starting a new one every time you have a new thought. :thumbleft: