Here We Discuss Brian Eno's Use of Vintage Synths

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: Here We Discuss Brian Eno's Use of Vintage Synths

Post by tomorrowstops » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:43 am

Eno is a huge inspiration to me. His sound design, his ethics....man, theres just nothing better to aspire to! He's the guy that makes an maudio keyboard and laptop tantilizing. But anyways...anyone know which eventide unit he utilized on stuff like Apollo?

steveman

Post by steveman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:08 am

Most likely the H949 Harmoniser, pretty much the only product they were known for at the time. These were a standard feature in every pro studio back then.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm

balma wrote:I
His Depeche Mode's mixes are simple fabulous.
Yes, they're so quiet, almost silent in fact. ;)

CurtisChip
Gear: Obie 4 voice,Matrix 12, Memory Moog, ARP 2600, SH5, CS30, OSCar,Chroma, Voyetra 8, MKS80, proVS, system 100, RSF Kobol 1,Multitrak, Maplin 5600, DX5,

Post by CurtisChip » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm a hugh admirer of Eno his solo and collaborative work having owned a DX7 in the 80's I was so impressed by his use and programming skills I believed he to be one of a few that had mastered the DX, but as time went on I discovered that in fact he used a Jellinghaus DX-7 Programmer! :!: !
A few year back he sold it at a Vemia auction

Obie 4 voice,Matrix 12, Memory Moog, ARP 2600, SH5, CS30, OSCar,Chroma, Voyetra 8, MKS80, proVS, system 100, RSF Kobol 1,Multitrak, Maplin 5600, DX5,

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:41 pm

There's an interview somewhere, Sound On Sound I think, where he has two of them, and complains that the PSU keeps blowing up.

I get the impression that he doesn't say much about gear because it doesn't matter to him in the same way as most of us. Plus saying nothing only adds to the mythology :)