KDJ-One Portable "DAW"

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Re: KDJ-One Portable "DAW"

Post by cartesia » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:51 am

Highly doubt it is capable of functioning as a USB host.. but hey, go on and surprise me mystery company

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:11 pm

An email response:

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your email and interested in our product KDJ-ONE.

The KDJ-ONE will be able to control external MIDI hardware; any hardware able to accept a MIDI signal via USB should be compatible, and hardware that requires a 5-pin MIDI cable connection should be compatible via a converter. The controls on the KDJ-ONE will be assignable to MIDI CC numbers, etc., so that they can be used to control external hardware and software. This includes the touch screen, which will be usable as an X-Y pad type controller. Additionally, sequences created on the KDJ may be exported as MIDI files and imported into other MIDI compatible DAW software.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Best regards,

Kenta

I will have to check this out when it comes out.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Post by StepLogik » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:25 pm

i got the exact same response :)

i wish he would elaborate on "converter". does he mean a class-compliant USB midi interface or what?

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Yep. There was one (a USB-to-MIDI box) that was shown at NAMM that didn't need a computer for a host, so that might be the thing. It wasn't cheap (but under $200) and they didn't have distribution set up yet, but that sort of thing is coming. I would think that you could use this with one synth that had USB midi, then go out from that and into either a MIDI hub or other instruments.

I guess it remains to be seen. His latest email says he's open to questions, etc. Hmm ... How 'bout, "Send me one for beta testing!" :D
Muhahahahahahahahaha!