Alesis ipad studio dock

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Dogboy73

Alesis ipad studio dock

Post by Dogboy73 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:22 pm

This looks cool;

I don't have an ipad ..... yet! But I'm seeing more & more stuff that is making me want to get one.

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Re: Alesis ipad studio dock

Post by StepLogik » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:03 pm

That is a very nice dock. I like the angled design.

I don't buy apple products but the iPad is starting to look like a viable tool for the studio. I'm always on the quest for the perfect hardware MIDI sequencer and it is just a matter of time before someone develops one for the iPad.

megamanx
Gear: nord lead2, roland sh101, yamaha cs5,mono/poly, sub37,Ms20, Chroma polaris,prodigy, esq-1, jx3p
Band: Thieves & Co.

Post by megamanx » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:31 pm

that is pretty cool...There is a lot of potential with this...Do want!

loungedumore
Gear: iMac | iPad 2| iPad Air
Beatstep Pro | Mpx8
Volca bass, Keys ,beats
Monotribe | MS20 | SQ1
Minibrute | Midi4+
Graphite 49 | EIE
Band: Death By Media

Post by loungedumore » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Indeed this looks like the ah-ha moment for the iPad lots of people have been waiting for .
Some wish to leave their mark ... I want to leave a scar .
http://soundcloud.com/death-by-media

Yodhan
Gear: DSI Mopho Keyboard, Korg Monotron, Microkorg, Arturia Experience Player, Reason 5
Band: Prototype Messiah

Post by Yodhan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:47 am

Hmmm....If this works with the iMS-20 and Filtertron app, I might just have to make an investment. I can see this in my live, and even my studio, setup. Especially live. I love the idea of the Lemur and the hands on control that you can have, but the price has always been a bit prohibative...well...a lot prohibative. The $500 is a lot more realistic and feasible.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

StepLogik wrote:I'm always on the quest for the perfect hardware MIDI sequencer and it is just a matter of time before someone develops one for the iPad.
Computers are hardware now?

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Hmm, isn't the upcoming iPad 2 supposed to be of smaller size? How would that work with the new Alesis controller?

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Post by StepLogik » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
StepLogik wrote:I'm always on the quest for the perfect hardware MIDI sequencer and it is just a matter of time before someone develops one for the iPad.
Computers are hardware now?
it is a redoubtable yet utterly forgone conclusion whose assertions are inscrutable to those who would dare dissect this analysis. :lol:

but yes, your point is well taken. the ipad is a computer by any measure. the form factor and a few other characteristics give it the aesthetics of a hardware musical device but its ultimately a multi-tasking computer. all of the headaches that go along with using a PC to run music software will inevitably apply to the iPad as well.

i guess what i'm saying is that as soon as i buy one i'll be the first in line to b***h about its sloppy timing clock, MIDI latency, and disruptive notification popups and will be begging for my MV-8800 back.

sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Post by sequentialsoftshock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Looks like my grandpa's old scanner :lol:
bonne chance