mopho module users?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
colorbars
Gear: Juno-60, ESQ-1, Mopho, Micron, Poly 61, MS2000R, DX-7, DX-21, M-VS1, ES-1 mkII, Monotron, ESI32, TR-505, EA-1

mopho module users?

Post by colorbars » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 am

Just out of curiousity... How do you use it in your setup? and what do you assign to your four assignable parameter knobs?

I just bought one on wednesday and it should be here by monday, very excited :D

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Re: mopho module users?

Post by cartesia » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:12 am

Well, I had the tetra but I basically used it as 4 mophos sometimes..

I used the internal sequencer to sequence each part, I triggered the sequences manually from the 'push it' button..
Basically just doing minimal techno type stuff.. so the tetra's job was like so:
1 part bass
1 part stabby kinda thing.. varying from pad to short stabby rhythm
1 part weird twisting/evolving sounds
1 part whatever else I wanted for a track.

With the new OS changing combo mode it's pretty effective, although I would've liked the 'push it' button to start playing only on step 1 of any previous sequence playing.. at the moment you have to hit the button at exactlly the right moment.
The big thing from the new OS update IMO is the sequencer slew.. Letting you do smooth transitions from one step to another instead of 'stepping'

If you're into such things there's a guy who made a minimal track using just his mopho - of course he had to record 1 track at a time. I think search 'dogmatic minimal' on youtube.

Computer Controlled
Gear: SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . Juno-1 w/PG-300 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . Beatstep Pro . Pioneer RMX-500
Band: Computer Controlled

Re: mopho module users?

Post by Computer Controlled » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:09 am

I usually assign the 4 knobs to VCF EG amount, VCF EG Decay, and then whatever else i may need for that particular patch. As far as sequencing, i mostly sequence it externally, but i'll sometimes use the internal sequencer.
Synths:
Avalon Bassline . TB-03 . JU-06 . MX-1 . Blofeld . MicroMonsta . Akai S5000
Drum Machines:
TR-09 . TR-8