I got myself a blue present!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Re: I got myself a blue present!

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:48 pm

StepLogik wrote:a nice bonus on the CS1x is the little shelf on the right side for putting your favorite mini module or stomp box!
Yes, the same with an1x..a perfect spot for the SU-10 or QY line.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

bluedad
Gear: Yamaha Motif ES rack/DX7//TG77/SY77/AN1X/MM08 MicrowaveXT/ Korg DW8000/M3r/ Ensoniq ESQ-1 /Mirage Rack/ Nord Micro DSI Mopho Roland Juno 106/D550
Band: Split Second

Post by bluedad » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:30 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
StepLogik wrote:a nice bonus on the CS1x is the little shelf on the right side for putting your favorite mini module or stomp box!
Yes, the same with an1x..a perfect spot for the SU-10 or QY line.
wow, I'd never noticed that..perfect spotfor the mopho!

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus C, Super Bass Station, M1r, TX81z, S760, Nord Rack 2, Nord Lead 3, JP-8000, JV-2080, SY99, Trinity Plus, EMX1, TB-03. Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Post by Alex E » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:35 pm

That cool little ledge was actually originally designed for the SU-10 phrase sampler as they were released at about the same time. Though it's really handy now that there are a lot of things about that size that people use these days. 8-)
soundcloud.com/vectron

vinyl_junkie
Gear: Akai samplers

Post by vinyl_junkie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:04 pm

D-Collector wrote:
vinyl_junkie wrote:Nice demo, were they preset sounds?
I got one of these about 9 or 8 years ago for £50, it had a missing cut-off knob which I got from Yamaha for about £2 and then sold it for a lot more and got a Korg M1...I quite liked the CS-1X
The M1 sounded better but I hated the waves in it and the lack of a resonant LPF
The AN-1X on the other hand.....ROCKS!

Loving your livingroom setup :-)

I did a simmilar thing a few days ago
Yes, presets that I tweaked a bit. Actually mine is missing the data knob but that should be an easy fix. Cool that you like the setup, it works out great -for now (-;

You are the same vinyl junkie from youtube? If so, I really dig your work! Especially the house tracks with the MPC!
Yea that's me, thanks :-)

The CS-1X shape always reminded me of the Nord Lead 1 keyboard...I used the little ledge to support a Micro Modular on my CS.
Might have to pick another up if I see one cheap at some point...reminded me what a cool little synth it is, capable of some nice sounds

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Post by StepLogik » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:15 am

i recall the 909 kit on the CS-1x sounded quite good. it was highly compressed and had a slight "plasticky" quality to the sound. those sounds sat in a mix really well and didn't need a lot of work to get 'em sounding right. i remember occasionally saying to myself, "wow these sound better than my real 909" :lol:

polar69
Gear: An1x CS1x Rm1x MPD24 Stylophone Zoom gfx100 Reason Reaper

Post by polar69 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:51 pm

I have a CS1x and love it, its quick and nasty.

I also have the an1x and rm1x, and a stylophone that sits very nicely on that ledge :)