Korg Monotribe ?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Re: Korg Monotribe ?

Post by Sir Ruff » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 am

kuroichi wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:
kuroichi wrote:So... does anyone have any actual information, ie new videos, schematics etc, cause all this synth gossip is making my heart bleed.
huh? like 4 days ago, all we had was a fragment of a photo, and now we've got full specs and multiple videos documenting pretty much every feature. What else could you want for a product that's not even released? :blink:
I want to see some balloon animals dammit!
:birthday:
Do you even post on vse bro?

RD9

Post by RD9 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:25 am

griffin avid wrote:
All I'm saying is: the side that says they wouldn't/couldn't do a proper analogue could be right if it takes YEARS to see a true modern incarnation of the MS10/MS20 (which is what the debate started from [and not just ANY analogue synth by definition])- which means KORG is waiting for the market to catch up with their inner desires.

And I say inner desires because KORG obviously still cares.
They obviously listen and it seems they sprinkle the attention according to true numbers.

smoothcriminal

Post by smoothcriminal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:00 am

griffin avid wrote: a true modern incarnation of the MS10/MS20 (which is what the debate started from [and not just ANY analogue synth by definition])
I guess that depends on where you think "the debate started from." I agree with the general gist of your post, though. Gotta admit you nailed it when you speculated that korg would release another analog but it will be missing features that we all want it to have.

JJQ

Post by JJQ » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:27 am

This thread is starting to feel like small child/ old man grumpiness. I even prefer a real fight.

But seriously I think I'll get a monotribe asap. Looks like it could be great fun to play with together with the 303/606 in my cottage during summer. By the way Im a teacher so I've 8 weeks of in the summer :) :)
Gear: Minimoog, Mother-32, Roland MC-202, TB-303, (Boss) DR-110, TR-505, TR-808, Alpha Juno 2, Jupiter-8, Oberheim SEM, .com/oakley/moon/mos-lab/STG/Sputnik/MegaOhm-modular & Microbrute

smoothcriminal

Post by smoothcriminal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:42 am

zoomtheline wrote:flood of harassing/insulting posts deleted by a moderator
you seem to be under the false impression that I'm shitting on this product, when I've been posting non-stop in this thread for like 3 or 4 days about how awesome it is and how much I want one regardless of whether it is missing features that would make it more utilitarian.
Last edited by smoothcriminal on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:01 am

touche about the lurking! ha

I assure you I am all smiles every time I post and all of my comments are either positive or sarcastic. I may be sounding aggressive to you but that is not my problem. I still stand by my original parp up and say PLEASE Lighten up you are way too serious and unpleasantly condesending.

That is all my friend, as I don't want this thread to go this way but just like marty mcfly you just can't let it lie.

smoothcriminal

Post by smoothcriminal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:13 am

zoomtheline wrote: I may be sounding aggressive to you but that is not my problem.
You're right, it is not your problem. It's the problem of our friendly moderators in terms of determining whether that kind of behavior violates the forum terms of service and/or the attitude they would like to maintain here.

computron
Band: Computron

Post by computron » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:19 am

I will have a grab a monotribe as well though I did buy a montron and I find I dont use it often or hardly at all.Much more pleasing revalation this week then the Jupiter 80.
Living the Electro Life

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:23 am

I really don't believe after that rant you can claim you are jesting? i can feel your blood pumping over the Atlantic, man I love you, you are priceless.

Edit: I'm going to bow out and let you chalk this up on your chart as a win as I have ended up contributing to this thread in the way that was not intended.

novielo
Gear: in order of appearence:
sh2000 s612 nord modular mpc1000 kp3 ms-something cp-251 gameboy s6000 and other crappy stuff
Band: one-man band
Location: by the river, st-jerome, quebec, canada, north america

Post by novielo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:34 am

edited the post of this page, way out of the subject. you can talk, yell, whatever, do it with pm or start a thread where you yell at each other.
-Save yourself the time and have a conversation with a plastic chair. -RobotHeroes

smoothcriminal

Post by smoothcriminal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:35 am

novielo wrote:edited the post of this page, way out of the subject. you can talk, yell, whatever, do it with pm or start a thread where you yell at each other.
Thanks! I think you missed a few though.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:37 am

Cool, no worries. For the record I have not deleted a single post only a duplicate post which actually somebody else must have deleted.

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:30 pm

smoothcriminal wrote:
zoomtheline wrote: I may be sounding aggressive to you but that is not my problem.
You're right, it is not your problem. It's the problem of our friendly moderators in terms of determining whether that kind of behavior violates the forum terms of service and/or the attitude they would like to maintain here.

If you have a problem with somebody specifically, it's your job to let us know. We don't sit around this forum 24/7 policing this sort of idiotic behavior (I don't even moderate this forum). That person will be dealt with accordingly. I can tell you right now that continually calling out mods, in this case because somebody else called you a c**t and it wasn't deleted immediately, is not winning you any favor.

Likely you've noticed a lot of people calling you out lately, and I can assure that while their methods are not on par, I can understand the reasoning.

With that, back on topic, and if this one strays off any more, there will be consequences, especially for any more name calling.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

crofter
Gear: microkorg
KP3
Kaossilator
DS10
Mini KP
alesis Micron
Juno D
Blofeld
Xio synth.
Yamaha PSS-570
Korg Monotron
Korg Microstation

Post by crofter » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:00 pm

I think I'd rather spend an extra few quid and get one of these,
http://www.thomann.de/gb/mfb_nanozwerg.htm

Psy_Free
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Synths 'n' stuff.
Band: Klangzeit

Post by Psy_Free » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 pm

crofter wrote:I think I'd rather spend an extra few quid and get one of these,
http://www.thomann.de/gb/mfb_nanozwerg.htm
Go for it. It's not really the same kind of thing as the Monotribe though, no sequencer or drums.

I'd rather spend a few extra quid and get one of these :
http://www.thomann.de/gb/roger_linn_des ... nn_iii.htm
"Any noise is good. For what is a different matter"
Bandcamp 1
Bandcamp 2
Soundcloud