Emu Emulator II price on the Bay

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
username

Emu Emulator II price on the Bay

Post by username » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:17 am

I recently got a university grant to collect and sample some old "landmark" synths/samplers. Do you think $1800 is too much for a Emu Emulator II? assuming it's for a project specifically about old synths - not that a modern synth's value outweighs an old timer.

Im under a time constraint so just wondering if that's reasonable or I should wait and see if I can get it for cheaper

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Re: Emu Emulator II price on the Bay

Post by StepLogik » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:19 pm

are you saying you got a university to pay for your GAS? :lol:

vcs3
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: BitOne,DX7II, M-1000, ESQm, Procussion, NanoSynth, VL1, P2500, K5000R, FS1r, JX-3P, Ju-60,HR-16, CZ1000, RX-5,K2600S, Nord G1r, G2, XL-7, Shuthri-1

Post by vcs3 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:53 pm

username wrote:I recently got a university grant to collect and sample some old "landmark" synths/samplers. Do you think $1800 is too much for a Emu Emulator II? assuming it's for a project specifically about old synths - not that a modern synth's value outweighs an old timer.

Im under a time constraint so just wondering if that's reasonable or I should wait and see if I can get it for cheaper
Yes You Can!

SKINNYPIG

Post by SKINNYPIG » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:54 pm

username wrote:I recently got a university grant to collect and sample some old "landmark" synths/samplers.
Sir, I salute you!

moogah

Post by moogah » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Given that EIII's sell for less than 2000$ I have to say that the people who are listing their EII's on eBay lately are delusional.

One fellow has been trying to get 2500$ for a few months now. There is a reason it hasn't sold.

I'm in the market for an EII myself but I simply won't pay more than 1200$. And if I'm going to pay that much it'll be in top condition with some sound disks!

I just bought an 8meg Emulator 3 keyboard for 1300$ shipped across country. I'd bet you can get an EII for less than 1000$ (just stay away from that white one on ebay.. that one's mine!)

JMP
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by JMP » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:12 pm

As with most things, prices reflect the version, memory, additional items/extras etc. etc. but most importantly.... the condition.

An early Rev 0 with few or no disks requiring attention because it's been stored and not used for many years could be had for a few hundred. A Rev 1 EII+ with Mac/SD connection or other modern communication device, fully working and recently overhauled with disk libray could be £1500 or so..? Availability is also an issue, particular locations aren't plentiful when it comes to finding one so people will obviously pay more sometimes as they aren't easy to ship and ensure they still work on arrival.

Nothing new here really... It's simply worth what someone is willing to pay. BTW, 'my' view is that $1,800 would get you one in tip top condition with extras. Maybe not Alan Wilder's though.... ;)

philip

Post by philip » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:38 pm

There is nothing special from tech point of view in E2 but it's filter. E2 had a good ad in its time by DM.So I think it's real value 500-800$,and only if u want a big DM fan