Tell me about the Vostok

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
MPS
Band: Atomic Shadow

Tell me about the Vostok

Post by MPS » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:03 pm

I am thinking of getting a semi ( :lol: wait for it) modular. Yes, I know that full modular is going to give me more flexibility and options. It will also give me a never ending lust for more and more modules. I think that I need something with lots of options, but finite.

I like the Vostok for the amount of firepower in a small package. It would be nice to hear from people who own the little bastard. Pros, cons, alternatives, etc.

Thanks.
http://www.atomicshadow.com/

A wall of dusty old junk, synths, and effects. Broadcasting live, from yesterday's world of tomorrow.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Tell me about the Vostok

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm

What's your budget? Do you need the portability?

The Vostok is pretty pricey, you can buy full modular rigs for less money. In the USA, Vostok costs $3000. I can buy a Doepfer System 2 for $2600 or a dotcom Studio 22 for $2733.

The way to avoid module expansion lust is to fill up the chassis ;)

I've never heard the Vostok so can't comment on the sound. I have owned the dotcom and it's spectacular.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.