Ensoniq EPS16 Plus $60

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Post Reply
User avatar
Max Websta
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:24 pm
Real name: Max Websta
Gear: Minimoog,Clavinet C, Oberheim OB-SX, Yamaha YC-45D,K2vx,Yamaha EX5, Ensoniq ASR 10,Chroma Polaris, Oberheim Dx,Tascam 388 and Tascam Sx-1Le,

Ensoniq EPS16 Plus $60

Post by Max Websta » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:16 pm

I just copped an Ensoniq EPS16 Plus for $60. This must be synth year for me! My Solaris arrived a couple weeks ago and I got a free Casio CZ3000.
The EPS will be fun for quick and easy sampling & editing. I found working with an ASR10 quite inspiring when I had one. For the price The EPS16 can't be much different.

User avatar
Hyde
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:45 pm
Real name: Hyde
Gear: ASR10
EPS16
EPS
Mirage
S2000
ESI2000
SY35
SQ1+
K1000
Band: When Violets Turn Grey

Re: Ensoniq EPS16 Plus $60

Post by Hyde » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Its a great unit. Wish it had the same memory capabilities as the ASR. Still a lot of fun, though. let me know when you want to sell it ;)

User avatar
nuketifromorbit
Expert Member
Expert Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:07 am

Re: Ensoniq EPS16 Plus $60

Post by nuketifromorbit » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:31 pm

and I just payed 120 bucks for an akai s01. How the h**l do you people find deals like this?
We'll always be remembered, we'll always be dismembered.

User avatar
Hyde
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:45 pm
Real name: Hyde
Gear: ASR10
EPS16
EPS
Mirage
S2000
ESI2000
SY35
SQ1+
K1000
Band: When Violets Turn Grey

Re: Ensoniq EPS16 Plus $60

Post by Hyde » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:06 pm

nuketifromorbit wrote:and I just payed 120 bucks for an akai s01. How the h**l do you people find deals like this?
Most of my good deals have come from CL. Often times people will sell things at a good price if they feel you are offering a good home for what they are selling. Open a dialog, ask reasonable questions about the product & make friendly conversation. It doesn't always pan out but, a good friendly connection is often better than going in with a lowball offer.

User avatar
Hyde
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:45 pm
Real name: Hyde
Gear: ASR10
EPS16
EPS
Mirage
S2000
ESI2000
SY35
SQ1+
K1000
Band: When Violets Turn Grey

Re: Ensoniq EPS16 Plus $60

Post by Hyde » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:10 pm

Max Websta wrote:I just copped an Ensoniq EPS16 Plus for $60. This must be synth year for me! My Solaris arrived a couple weeks ago and I got a free Casio CZ3000.
The EPS will be fun for quick and easy sampling & editing. I found working with an ASR10 quite inspiring when I had one. For the price The EPS16 can't be much different.
But, seriously, if you want to sell it, I'd give you a lot more than you paid. 8-)

blueknob
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:30 pm
Gear: ESi32/E6400U, Novation Supernova, Ensoniq, vintage Macs and the like.
Location: England, UK

Re: Ensoniq EPS16 Plus $60

Post by blueknob » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Just gotta keep an eye out! I got a synth recently for next to no money (came with fault risk though) - all sorted now, a great item! I sold a my Akai S01 for £30 ($35 USD) as that is all the thing is worth! (in my opinion).

My first EPS16+ came at no money too, I think Ensoniq were so out of fashion at that time, so I bought another one! Again for very little money. Ya just gotta keep looking! Have to say, I don't think there are any bargains on eBay anymore, I've had my share mostly when eBay first started and people just wanted to get rid of stuff etc.

Just a note, avoid "plastic poultry" ;)

User avatar
Hyde
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:45 pm
Real name: Hyde
Gear: ASR10
EPS16
EPS
Mirage
S2000
ESI2000
SY35
SQ1+
K1000
Band: When Violets Turn Grey

Re: Ensoniq EPS16 Plus $60

Post by Hyde » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:39 pm

blueknob wrote:Just gotta keep an eye out! I got a synth recently for next to no money (came with fault risk though) - all sorted now, a great item! I sold a my Akai S01 for £30 ($35 USD) as that is all the thing is worth! (in my opinion).

My first EPS16+ came at no money too, I think Ensoniq were so out of fashion at that time, so I bought another one! Again for very little money. Ya just gotta keep looking! Have to say, I don't think there are any bargains on eBay anymore, I've had my share mostly when eBay first started and people just wanted to get rid of stuff etc.

Just a note, avoid "plastic poultry" ;)
The problem with Ebay is that we have to inflate our sell price to make up for the fees. Again, it seems to drive the market up. Everyone sees something listed at 20% higher that its worth & now everyone is listing their items for that price, locally. up & up. I've been searching for another EPS16 keyboard. I found one, semi locally. The owner wants maxed out price. I negotiated to happy medium, then he backed out & raised the price. Ha!

User avatar
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 5332
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 12:45 pm
Real name: Tomas Mulcahy
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Location: Cork, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Ensoniq EPS16 Plus $60

Post by madtheory » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Nice! Beats my Casio FZ-1 for €80, and you got a poly aftertouch keyboard too yes?

Post Reply