New Moog apparently...

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
themilford
Gear: Oberheim: OB-8, DSX, DMX, DXa, Yamaha CS-15, Akai AX-60, S612, Moog Taurus 3, Alesis MMT-8, HR-16, Fender Bass IV, Rickenbacker 620/6, Crumar Trilogy
Band: Season Finale

Re: New Moog apparently...

Post by themilford » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:18 pm

If you contact Novamusik about the limited offer they'll quote you $569.

They are saying it should be shipping late Feb early March.

I wonder if Sweetwater would do the same deal if asked... And they offer the 3-payment plan which would lessen the blow as well.

dustinh
Gear: juno-1, ensoniq sq-80, dsi mopho, microbrute, gretsch guitars, motu 2408, monotron, and caffeine

Post by dustinh » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:34 pm

I've heard great things about Novamusik and that's where I'd buy intruments that sweetwater wouldn't carry.

I shop through sweetwater because of their good service, the fact that I used to live really close to it, and also that a very close friend of mine is a sale's associate there. And yes, if you are a repeat customer and establish a relationship with a sales associate, you get discounts. I typically get around 10-15% off retail price depending on the product.

It's going to be a long couple of months of waiting. I haven't had a moog in my setup for over about 10 years.

madrasputin
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Too many to list. Ask if you want a list of my gear to peruse.
Band: Narcotic Puppeteers

Post by madrasputin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:40 pm

phesago wrote:
Stalfosia wrote:I :giveheart: Novamusik...

They have all of my money,
and I have about 20 of their shirts!
:D
Lol I have tons of their shirts, never really wear them except at home. I would say over half the things I have bought I have acquired from Novamuzik. Those guys rock.
Dude I've got the same deal going with the shirts from Nova Musik lol. I have so many of them. Did you ever get their coffee that they were giving away with orders for a while? It was actually good coffee!
Moog LP/Voyager XL/MS 2000/EMX-1/Z1/Polar TI2/ESQ-1/Matrix 6/Red Square v2/JP-8000/Fender Rhodes Mk 1/Euro Modular/OB-12/Prophet '08 PE/Mod-CB MC-505/Blofeld KB/Accelerator/Juno 106/NI Komplete 8/SK-15/Poly 800 II/XBASE 999/Metasonix D1000/Minitaur

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Post by phesago » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:28 pm

madrasputin wrote:
phesago wrote:
Stalfosia wrote:I :giveheart: Novamusik...

They have all of my money,
and I have about 20 of their shirts!
:D
Lol I have tons of their shirts, never really wear them except at home. I would say over half the things I have bought I have acquired from Novamuzik. Those guys rock.
Dude I've got the same deal going with the shirts from Nova Musik lol. I have so many of them. Did you ever get their coffee that they were giving away with orders for a while? It was actually good coffee!
Funny you mentioned as I am drinking some of it now. I let it sit on my kitchen counter for EONS and b/c of this thread I finally decided to grind/brew that s**t. Kind of impressed that its not garbage. I also love the collection of moog shirts they have been giving me too! My wife loves wearing the plain black moog shirt with her pajamas. Its delightfully nerd chique!

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Just pre-ordered mine, will check back in March assuming it ships on time.
presspl>y wrote: you guys in the States have no idea how lucky you have it when it comes to prices.
Not when buying European gear :cry:
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:02 am

Hybrid88 wrote:This one's going to sell big time, kinda feel Korg's just been shat on. Monotron, huh? what monotron? They already missed out on the whole stocking filler timeline, now this beast is out no one's going to give a flying monkey's about the monotrons.
I don't think a $600 synth is gonna really be in competition with a $50 one.

Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Post by Kidney05 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:55 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Hybrid88 wrote:This one's going to sell big time, kinda feel Korg's just been shat on. Monotron, huh? what monotron? They already missed out on the whole stocking filler timeline, now this beast is out no one's going to give a flying monkey's about the monotrons.
Might cannabilize some of DSI's sales... although that's more of a question of way more features vs moog sound.

redchapterjubilee

Post by redchapterjubilee » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 am

My salesman at Novamusik said that the store was shocked when they saw the pricepoint on the Minitaur. I told him that Moog was beating Korg to the punch, to which he said "You are more right than you may know". He would not specify.
http://facebook.com/greatunwashedluminaries
ANALOG SYNTHESIZERS + EFFECTS + COMPUTERS

James Mandible

Post by James Mandible » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:26 am

redchapterjubilee wrote:My salesman at Novamusik said that the store was shocked when they saw the pricepoint on the Minitaur. I told him that Moog was beating Korg to the punch, to which he said "You are more right than you may know". He would not specify.
Uh oh, possibly juicy! Kinda makes me think that full Mono-whatever people have been begging for may be in the pipeline?

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:05 am

I have no doubt that korg are developing more variants on the analogue theme, it's been going really well for them so far. The Monotribe has native midi control in the OS already so a midi controlled version can't be that far off, and they've already developed the pitch tracking/dynamic VCO tuning so a 2 osc version wouldn't be too hard.

hyphen nation
Gear: boxes that make noises

Post by hyphen nation » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:02 am

Be careful, smooth criminal and cartesia may pop back up with that "why doesn't korg make a massive analog mono synth for $100" thread again...

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:54 am

Bah, those threads are old news. I'm making one that's 'Why don't Korg make a new MS-20, give it to me in a basket with $1000 cash and a big ribbon on it, take me out to dinner for a nice steak and give me a handjob in the carpark afterwards.'

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:15 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
(Actually if you're going to compare prices it's more like $100 than $50), Anyway, do you not think that many people interested in the monotrons would rather spend a bit extra and get a lot more for their money?

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 am

Oh, only six times the price, is that all? :) I'm sure they would if they had the money available to spend on one, then again I'm sure people with $1000 to spend on something would prefer a little phatty to a monotron, does that mean it's taking away monotron sales too?

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:39 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:Oh, only six times the price, is that all? :) I'm sure they would if they had the money available to spend on one, then again I'm sure people with $1000 to spend on something would prefer a little phatty to a monotron, does that mean it's taking away monotron sales too?
Well, it's a bit of a difference from 12 times the price ;)

Nitpicking aside these are both in the budget range of synths, but I can see your point that the monotrons are in a target market all of their own at their extremely low price point. Still I didn't expect moog to go even lower than the SP anytime soon. Which is great for people who've never been able to afford a moog before.