Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Re: Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Postby jaypodesta » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Sounds better than here - spoke to the distributor yesterday and end of August possibly. But they didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. :lol: They are trying to get some kind of confirmation... so who knows. Said an email should go out to dealers when they do know. Guess it will arrive when it arrives. Good to see a Euro company keeping everyone stateside happy ;)
jaypodesta

Postby kvnvk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 pm

it's universally known we here in the U.S. are a bunch of impatient twats, so really Aurtia's strategy just makes good business sense. :lol: ;)
kvnvk

Postby Ashe37 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Strategy? Underestimating the potential popularity of a product is now 'strategy'?
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Postby Bitexion » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:23 am

At least it's not the John Bowen Solaris. Some guys preordered that in 2004, and got it just recently.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Postby blavatsky » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Got mine yesterday, have had maybe an hour tops to play with it. First impressions are pretty similar to others:
Nice build quality, surprising amount of character and sound options from 1 osc, very fun and intuitive.

Definitely has its own sound esp. with the multimode filter; have gotten a range of smooth older analog tones, biting industrial, even chiptune-y stuff.....this is going to be a very cool addition to people's setups.
Dying to get home and run it through some external effects
blavatsky
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: MV8800, Sub37, Integra 7, Mininova, Fusion, Biscuit, TimeFactor, SP-555, SP-404, SPD-SX
Band: Blavatsky

Postby Ned Bouhalassa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 pm

The fact that I paid 500 beans nearly 6 months ago, and still haven't gotten the 'Brute, even though it's arrived in the US, is driving me a bit nuts. Can anyone in the US, close to the Quebec border, say Burlington, Plattsburgh, etc confirm that there are MBs for sale in their town? I'm ready to get my dough back and step on the accelerator. :P :twisted:
My music: soundcloud
My analog synth videos nedonanalog
More about me: youshootiscore
Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: 1 old Japanese mono-monster, an old BBC Brit, and 2 Americans: one old NY fat poly, the other, a young Californian mono/para.

Postby plikestechno » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 pm

Did you order from Moog Audio? Or somewhere else in Canada? I'm wondering what the ETA for these things in Canadian stores is as well.
Serge/ModcanA/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupe6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/Solina/Pro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/MultimanS/Lambda/Minibrute/Microbrute/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816
plikestechno

Gear: Lots. See sig.

Postby Ned Bouhalassa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Yep, Moog. It's not their fault, though. Arturia is just not shipping here, for now.
Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: 1 old Japanese mono-monster, an old BBC Brit, and 2 Americans: one old NY fat poly, the other, a young Californian mono/para.

Postby fh991586 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:20 am

If they made you pay in advance, then they are not fair. I'm pretty sure they are not entitled to do that, regarding the loi sur la protection du consommateur... Maybe a refundable deposit, but not the full amount when it's not in stock! That sucks for you now... :?
Considering parting away from:
-Roland TR707
-DSI Mopho
fh991586

Gear: Roland JX3P, D50, U220, MVS1, JP8080.
Korg Kaossilator, Monotrons, MicroKorg, M3R.
Yamaha Motif Rack.
TherapSid, Midines

Postby Ned Bouhalassa » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:25 am

fh991586 wrote:If they made you pay in advance, then they are not fair. I'm pretty sure they are not entitled to do that, regarding the loi sur la protection du consommateur... Maybe a refundable deposit, but not the full amount when it's not in stock! That sucks for you now... :?

Hey, I was happy! I want(ed) to get my hands on it asap, and don't want to get them in trouble. I've no beef with them in any way, as it's not their fault. I knew from reading here that Arturia was not going to meet original deadlines. I'm just starting to get miffed at Arturia's US-only choice, but still want to give them my money in exchange for the Brute, and am willing to travel for it. :guitar:
Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby plikestechno » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:39 am

fh991586 wrote:If they made you pay in advance, then they are not fair. I'm pretty sure they are not entitled to do that, regarding the loi sur la protection du consommateur... Maybe a refundable deposit, but not the full amount when it's not in stock! That sucks for you now... :?

Everybody regardless of where on earth they ordered it from paid in full. It happens. I don't people expected to wait so long but it seems we'll all have them soon enough.

I have no problem with Moog. I've bought from them several times but only buy things if they are in stock.
Serge/ModcanA/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupe6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/Solina/Pro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/MultimanS/Lambda/Minibrute/Microbrute/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816
plikestechno

Gear: Lots. See sig.

Postby Bitexion » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:58 am

I'm not really entitled to b***h and moan, since I have an oral deal with the shop owner to keep one for me when they arrive, and I'll pay it then. No online preorders for this kind of amount. That's gambling.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Postby SSquirrel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:07 pm

plikestechno wrote:Everybody regardless of where on earth they ordered it from paid in full. It happens. I don't people expected to wait so long but it seems we'll all have them soon enough.

Uhm speak for yourself. I pre-ordered w/Novamusik and paid no money down. Everyone who pre-ordered did not also pre-pay. I wish I had b/c I don't have the money for the MB now heh
SSquirrel

Postby Bitexion » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Payment in full is not the usual norm for preorders. Only on some stores. Usually you pay a small deposit and pay the rest when it arrives.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Postby SSquirrel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Yeah the way Nova does their pre-orders is basically they put people into a list and those folks get the pre-order pricing. When they start getting them in, just progress down and get charged at the point of sale. No money down. Which is nice, but like I said, I probably should have asked to pay in full in advance so I wouldn't be broke and unable to get it once they call me. I'm always optimistic tho, so I don't just cancel my pre-order on the assumption that I could always have a chunk of money come my way. :)
SSquirrel

PreviousNext

Return to General Synthesizers