Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
James Mandible

Re: Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Post by James Mandible » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:32 am

Some of the guys on Muff's got tracking numbers, apparently they're actually out there now

philip

Post by philip » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Saw a minibrute yesterday in music shop in Tokio. The price is 50000yen.

Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Post by Kidney05 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:33 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Kidney05 wrote:I hate to be this guy, but if you guys see any deals or discounts happening, would you mind posting them here? I really want one of these but I'd kill to get 10 or 15 percent off. Musician's Friend was doing that for a while but now it seems those coupons don't work for the Minibrute. Ever since I saw the 450 ish price tag, I don't want to have to put down 500...
Novamusik are doing a $50 off promo on anything over $499 today only.
Thanks, though I'm all set now! Got one preordered....

Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Post by Kidney05 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:44 am

Also worth noting, Future Music Magazine gave this thing a pretty good review... 9/10

plikestechno
Gear: Lots. See sig.

Post by plikestechno » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 am

Nice to see that they are out in the universe and in the hands of people. Was getting worried for a bit. I like the sound, it's nice to see a budget mono not trying to be like the others. I probably won't have money for one for another 6-12 months and hopefully they are quite commonplace by then and I haven't missed the boat. Maybe even in my city by then. Looking forward to firmware updates as well. Brand new for $500 USD or so. Wow. Can't wait.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

kpliver

Post by kpliver » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:23 am

Just got a shipping notice from Musician's Friend. :o

Also, if anyone has Spotify, search "Minibrute" and you'll find a little demo song done by one of the distributors.

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Post by Z » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:56 am

Got my email notice from MF, too. But the UPS tracking number is not in the UPS system yet.

jimtheswede

Post by jimtheswede » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:31 am

Z wrote:Got my email notice from MF, too. But the UPS tracking number is not in the UPS system yet.
Same here! :D

loungedumore
Gear: iMac | iPad 2| iPad Air
Beatstep Pro | Mpx8
Volca bass, Keys ,beats
Monotribe | MS20 | SQ1
Minibrute | Midi4+
Graphite 49 | EIE
Band: Death By Media

Post by loungedumore » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:12 am

+1 for email notice . Can not wait !
Some wish to leave their mark ... I want to leave a scar .
http://soundcloud.com/death-by-media

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:25 pm

I have it on good authority that they should be on people's doorsteps today. We'll see, eh?
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

jimtheswede

Post by jimtheswede » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 am

Actually - mine did arrive today! Expected it tomorrow at the earliest, but I'm lucky in that I live in suburb outside of Kansas City and MF shipping warehouse is in KC and UPS hub is a few miles away. UPS hadn't even updated it's status to "out for delivery" and the doorbell rang. Here it is!

First impressions - very solid piece and heavier than I expected. For the price, the knobs, sliders and switches should work fine. Keyboard and aftertouch feels great! Been having alot of fun with the arpeggiator. Briefly hooked it up via CV to my Dark Energy and found some wicked sounds.

Unfortunately - this arrived before I had chance to diagnose a USB/Midi issue with my rig and can't update the firmware. So I'll be spending some hours contorting myself behind my rack and stands, chasing cable runs, etc.

But - this Minibrute is a very cool piece especially for the price. Almost unbelievable! :D

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 am

Happy to hear that, Jim! Hopefully you'll get your issues solved quickly and can get to playing with your new toy soon.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Post by Z » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:56 am

jimtheswede wrote:
Unfortunately - this arrived before I had chance to diagnose a USB/Midi issue with my rig and can't update the firmware. So I'll be spending some hours contorting myself behind my rack and stands, chasing cable runs, etc.
What firmware issues are there? Hopefully it's something that I can live with since I don't use computers in my studio. Worst case senario, I can find a friend with a computer and MIDI interface.

Looks like mine is due to arrive on Wednesday.

jimtheswede

Post by jimtheswede » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 am

Z wrote:
jimtheswede wrote:
What firmware issues are there? Hopefully it's something that I can live with since I don't use computers in my studio. Worst case senario, I can find a friend with a computer and MIDI interface.

Looks like mine is due to arrive on Wednesday.
This is link to the Arturia website that has firmware version 1.01, also provides an app. that connects via USB to change arpeggiator, note priority, LFO triggering, aftertouch and velocity response, and Midi channel, maybe some more things, but can't say for sure since I can't update as yet.

You do need to connect via USB to update BTW.
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... urces.html

mharris80
Gear: Korg M1
MicroKorg
Ensoniq ASR 88
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Roland JX-8P
Roland MKS-50
Yamaha RX7
M Audio Oxygen 49
AV Linux

Post by mharris80 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:25 am

jimtheswede wrote:Actually - mine did arrive today! Expected it tomorrow at the earliest, but I'm lucky in that I live in suburb outside of Kansas City and MF shipping warehouse is in KC and UPS hub is a few miles away. UPS hadn't even updated it's status to "out for delivery" and the doorbell rang. Here it is!

First impressions - very solid piece and heavier than I expected. For the price, the knobs, sliders and switches should work fine. Keyboard and aftertouch feels great! Been having alot of fun with the arpeggiator. Briefly hooked it up via CV to my Dark Energy and found some wicked sounds.

But - this Minibrute is a very cool piece especially for the price. Almost unbelievable! :D
Sweet! Glad to hear it was worth the wait. I'll have to look into getting one once the supply evens out.