Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
alan partridge

Re: Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Post by alan partridge » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:23 pm

has anyone here ever used a Synthacon ?

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:55 pm

I have a Ken Stone Synthacon filter in my modular.

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Looks good for modular integration, you going to get one of these Stab?

Sexor
Gear: Prophet6, Jupiter-7, MS25, Juno-50, TR-303, Rhodes 63

Post by Sexor » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 pm

This thing is going to sell like crazy. It's got win written all over it!

Arturia is probably the last company on earth I expected to do this...
Monkey business since 2007!

Projectile

Post by Projectile » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 am

tekkentool wrote:Hey just think. If this sells well imagine what the Big 2 (f**k roland) might do. Korg gets their rear in gear when they realise their progress into analogue synths has effectively been slingshotted past by newcomers.

Maybe they'll release a competing product.
I figured they would have already gotten a clue by now. I see a lot more DSI synths and Little Phatties around than I see of any synth Roland or Yamaha has put out lately. I don't know the sales figures, but you would think their success would have been enough to at least get things rolling in that direction.

I'm guessing that the people making the decisions at Roland and Yamaha are just completely clueless managerial types who have their heads way up their own asses. Some stories I've heard from people who have worked with these companies leads me to believe this is the case. I don't think they will ever get it, and if they do, whatever analog synth they produce will probably be a mess. I have faith in Korg, but they have had huge success with the Microkorg, so they have less incentive to go all-out in the analog department.

But I hope you're right.

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:50 am

Hybrid88 wrote:Looks good for modular integration, you going to get one of these Stab?
Not sure, it looks good but I get my analogue mono action from the modular now, the thing I'm really looking for is a small digital poly.

Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Post by Kidney05 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:22 am

you know, i kind of promised myself I had enough keyboards for a while, but this thing is just too exciting. I'm such a sucker for all the features I don't have on any of my synths-- plus I think the new features are exciting too... while I guess the "super saw" has been done, kind of, has the "metalizer" been done? have all of these features already existed, and if so, was there any way to mesh all of them together? i always thought Arturia was a pretty smart company but I kind of doubted they'd ever go here, it's such a far cry from their other keyboards and stuff.

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Hybrid88 wrote:Looks good for modular integration, you going to get one of these Stab?
Not sure, it looks good but I get my analogue mono action from the modular now, the thing I'm really looking for is a small digital poly.
Cool, yeah I just got a Korg Microkorg XL, really nice little machine, better than the original I think - anyway either that or an R3 would make a great small digital board they have a nice quality sound engine behind them those two.

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:32 pm

I went the Mopho Keyboard + Tetra route for a small poly for live. Not digital though ;)

Stabby, I'm starting to get interested in seeing a nice pic of your modular :) Wonder what other goodies you have in there.

Push-Pull

Post by Push-Pull » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Pflosi, if you want to play with the first MiniBrute in Switzerland, come to Lausanne this Saturday:
http://www.node-rdv.ch/
The making of my modular... (ok it's in french, but the pictures are easy to understand !)

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Looks nice! It's a pity I have already a date on saturday (to make music though), maybe if I'm not too hang over on sunday I could make it. But it's a thin line ;)

While we're at it, will you by chance be at the modular days in Langenthal starting in two weeks some time?

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/modulardays

*sorry for the thread hijack

Push-Pull

Post by Push-Pull » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Off Topic
Yes, I'm am Sa. 11.2.12 für die Synthesizer Ambient Jam.
The making of my modular... (ok it's in french, but the pictures are easy to understand !)

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:
Stab Frenzy wrote:
Cool, yeah I just got a Korg Microkorg XL, really nice little machine, better than the original I think - anyway either that or an R3 would make a great small digital board they have a nice quality sound engine behind them those two.
I'm 95% set on an R3, ticks all my boxes. I've played a Blofeld keyboard and that would be perfect if it was three octaves and a bit lighter for gigging. I'm trying to get my whole rig down to the point I can fly with it, got a few shows coming up where that will be crucial. The R3 ways basically nothing and I quite like the way editing is handled on it.
pflosi wrote:I went the Mopho Keyboard + Tetra route for a small poly for live. Not digital though ;)

Stabby, I'm starting to get interested in seeing a nice pic of your modular :) Wonder what other goodies you have in there.
I'm using an MEK + Tetra at the moment and while it sounds good I don't like the way editing is handled on the Tetra, it's way too fiddly. It also means I have to do some tricky stuff with midi to get the signal going where I want, and I can't sequence the polysynth from my Octatrack. This is totally due to the way I have things set up (Tetra running to the MEK's audio inputs) but that's the way I like to run things.

I'll take some pics of the modular when I'm in the studio next and put them in that thread.

Now, back to the topic! I've got a Minibrute sitting in a musiciansfriend shopping cart with the 15% discount still applied. Works out $450 shipped to Australia, but I don't have $450 at the moment. What do?

Synthacon
Gear: Hard and Soft Synths

Post by Synthacon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 pm

alan partridge wrote:has anyone here ever used a Synthacon ?
I used to have one for some time..... 8-)
You always want just one more Synth!

Sexor
Gear: Prophet6, Jupiter-7, MS25, Juno-50, TR-303, Rhodes 63

Post by Sexor » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:Now, back to the topic! I've got a Minibrute sitting in a musiciansfriend shopping cart with the 15% discount still applied. Works out $450 shipped to Australia, but I don't have $450 at the moment. What do?
Can't you take one of those rip-off loans with 50% interest by texting some number from your mobile? :mrgreen:
Monkey business since 2007!