Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Re: Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Post by Bitexion » Fri May 25, 2012 7:30 pm

The next batch will be called Model C and people will argue which sounds best :)

Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Post by Sir Ruff » Fri May 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Bitexion wrote:The next batch will be called Model C and people will argue which sounds best :)

yeah.. don't tell anyone, but the first batch will actually have a pre-lawsuit Moog filter in it! Just wait 'till Moog gets word of this! :o :shocked:
Do you even post on vse bro?

Dr. Phibes

Post by Dr. Phibes » Fri May 25, 2012 8:32 pm

jimtheswede wrote:
Dr. Phibes wrote:I wonder what's causing all the delays?
I don't know if I posted this quote on this forum, but this is what the admin. from Arturia forum had posted:

There are a lot of myths and legends about the release date and quantity of the MiniBrute, and I suspect there is a lack of communication on our side.
The situation is that we received an unexpected huge amount of orders, so we are currently planning several production batchs to significantly raise the annual production. It is not a trivial task, a lot of economics parameters are involved, and we don't want to make any mistake nor to compromise on general quality.
We all want our MiniBrutes (I want mine even more), so several waves will hit the shops during this very year. I don't know what "too terribly long" means to you, but I'm sure it will worth the waiting.
hehe, literally just finished reading that post on GS when you posted. I suppose it makes sense. I'm not actually waiting on one - I don't need it - but it looks + sounds great.

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Post by th0mas » Fri May 25, 2012 9:54 pm

jimtheswede wrote:
I don't know if I posted this quote on this forum, but this is what the admin. from Arturia forum had posted:

There are a lot of myths and legends about the release date and quantity of the MiniBrute, and I suspect there is a lack of communication on our side.
The situation is that we received an unexpected huge amount of orders, so we are currently planning several production batchs to significantly raise the annual production. It is not a trivial task, a lot of economics parameters are involved, and we don't want to make any mistake nor to compromise on general quality.
We all want our MiniBrutes (I want mine even more), so several waves will hit the shops during this very year. I don't know what "too terribly long" means to you, but I'm sure it will worth the waiting.
As a person who has dabbled in DIY synths and done micro-batches I can totally understand how more quantity means rethinking your entire supply chain. Glad its a great success and the wait's really not a big deal to me.

Sir Nose
Gear: Machinedrum, Octatrack, Moog LP, x0xb0x, Elka Solist 505, Simmons SDS-400

Post by Sir Nose » Sat May 26, 2012 2:25 am

I thought I remembered read, Arturia claimed the low price was possible due to the fact that they planned such a large 1st production run. I guess it was not nearly large enough.
Funkadelic wrote: nothing is good unless you play with it
all that is good is nasty

Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Post by Kidney05 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 am

Sir Nose wrote:I thought I remembered read, Arturia claimed the low price was possible due to the fact that they planned such a large 1st production run. I guess it was not nearly large enough.
i wish i had a concret number on that sort of thing. It's really tough to say how many synths sell these days-- do you think it was 1000? 500?

volumetrik

Post by volumetrik » Sat May 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Sir Nose wrote:I thought I remembered read, Arturia claimed the low price was possible due to the fact that they planned such a large 1st production run. I guess it was not nearly large enough.
unlikely, on some french forum it was mentioned by Yves Usson that the initial production run was going to be 1000 and then it was changed to 1500 and I think by now way over that number too.

Projectile

Post by Projectile » Sun May 27, 2012 9:09 am

Automatic Gainsay wrote:Ugh.

Can we please draw a line between "timbre" and "sound quality?" They are not one-in-the-same.

No matter what is happening with compression routines, etc. it is evident what the MiniBrute does with even crappy YouTube videos. If you're an audiophile who needs purity and clarity and zero noise and etc. you have no business being interested in analog, anyway. Tone is dirt. DIRT DIRT DIRT. It is noise, it is variability. It's a mess. Audiophiles don't want analog, because analog is about distortion, noise, and lack of predictability.

Unless you're sitting at home with a bazillion-dollar studio with bazillion-dollar speakers and etc., you just need to accept the fact that a Minimoog sounds like a Minimoog even when it's on a shitty cassette that was recorded from a shitty clock radio from a radio station that was playing a recording of a Minimoog on an LP. Timbre does NOT equal sound quality.

If you're listening to my demos and you're thinking "well, yes... that's what it sounds like on YOUTUBE, but WHAT DOES IT REALLY SOUND LIKE?" You need to just stick to your computer, your software, and your room that floats on a layer of oil with machinery that keeps it from rotating enough to generate ultra-low frequency waves.

P.S. I don't have one, and I didn't have the one I had for 4 days, I had it for 3 days, and one of those days was for shipping. I had it for TWO days, and spent one entire evening making videos of it while I played it, and two hours the next day trying to write music for background with it.

P.P.S. Yay! Bitexion's back!
This may just be my favorite post I've ever read on this forum. :lol:

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sun May 27, 2012 12:40 pm

That happens with alot of AG's posts. Trust me.

jaypodesta

Post by jaypodesta » Mon May 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Spoke to someone about an issue with my order today, and checked on eta for first batch. Answer was June 15th. Be happy if that turns out to be correct.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Hmmm, will ask the guys in my local store about that. I assume they've got some update by email if it's been pushed back further two weeks. I'm sure lots of ppl are waiting for it there aswell.

This is in Norway btw, could be the dates are different in US and EU too.

blavatsky
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: MV8800, Sub37, Integra 7, Mininova, Fusion, Biscuit, TimeFactor, SP-555, SP-404, SPD-SX
Band: Blavatsky

Post by blavatsky » Wed May 30, 2012 8:20 pm

come on arturia, at LEAST put up the manual so people can nerd out on that during the wait, seeing as its the 30th.

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Quite a bit...
Band: Syn303

Post by Syn303 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:30 pm

The shipping from China maybe, as it's being assembled there...
| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |

kpliver

Post by kpliver » Thu May 31, 2012 12:13 am

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/in ... n#msg21239
Dear MiniBrute enthusiasts,

It is May 30th and many are expecting MiniBrute units to show up at their favorite dealer or their doorstep.

Production is on, but unfortunately at a slow pace. The first units have left the factory and are on their way. But delivering all orders will take much more time than planned.

The truth is that the manufacturing process and the quality tests required more resources that what we planned for. As we cannot compromise, we have to live with scarce supply for a few weeks. But be assured that we are doing our best and working hard to deliver.

We can understand your frustration and apologize to those of you who have been waiting longer than planned. We know that you will be pleased with the final product though. We will try to communicate regularly to let you know the status.

Sincerely,

Arturia MiniBrute Team

volumetrik

Post by volumetrik » Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Syn303 wrote:
The shipping from China maybe, as it's being assembled there...
is this for sure? where did you hear about it