Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Sean from Arturia told me he'll have one to demo at Sweetwater's Gear Fest (June 22/23). I don't know that Sweetwater will have them in stock, but I'm sure there'll be a line up at the booth to play the demo model!
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu May 31, 2012 3:14 pm

volumetrik wrote:
Syn303 wrote:
Dr. Phibes wrote:I wonder what's causing all the delays?
The shipping from China maybe, as it's being assembled there...
is this for sure? where did you hear about it
At that price I can't imagine them being made anywhere else.

Dr. Phibes

Post by Dr. Phibes » Thu May 31, 2012 3:50 pm

Perhaps this is not so surprising. I know arturia produce other hardware products but the sudden demand and popularity could well temporarily overwhelm a majority software company.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Thu May 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Was told in the store that they're expecting 5-6 units during next week. They don't ship many to Scandinavia in the first batch. Hmf. Guess I'll just put up a tent outside the store then.

Aaron2
Gear: Pioneer: Toraiz SP-16
Elektron: AK, AR, MnM, MD, OT
DSI: Evolver, MEK, P08, Pro2
Korg: Arp Odyssey
Waldorf: Blofeld Keyboard

Post by Aaron2 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:52 pm

Frankly, this is getting a bit ridiculous. If Arturia has the resources to develop and relentlessly market this product -- all in an effort to generate enormous demand -- then it ought to have the resources to tell its customers when the damn thing will be available for purchase.

The evasiveness with which Arturia has handled the whole release-date thing is inexcusable in my opinion. There shouldn't be this much mystery around the release date of a product.

If I worked for Arturia, I would be embarrassed that the company apparently can't get its collective s**t together.

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Thu May 31, 2012 8:02 pm

Aaron2 wrote:If I worked for Arturia, I would be embarrassed that the company apparently can't get its collective s**t together.
I know a couple of people at Arturia.
I think they're too busy trying to deal with becoming a major synth manufacturing company in the space of a couple of months due to unforseen demand to be embarrassed at this point. But maybe they'll get to that after they are able to release a fantastically popular synthesizer for a ridiculously low price.
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay

Aaron2
Gear: Pioneer: Toraiz SP-16
Elektron: AK, AR, MnM, MD, OT
DSI: Evolver, MEK, P08, Pro2
Korg: Arp Odyssey
Waldorf: Blofeld Keyboard

Post by Aaron2 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Automatic Gainsay wrote:
Aaron2 wrote:If I worked for Arturia, I would be embarrassed that the company apparently can't get its collective s**t together.
I think they're too busy trying to deal with becoming a major synth manufacturing company in the space of a couple of months due to unforseen demand to be embarrassed at this point. But maybe they'll get to that after they are able to release a fantastically popular synthesizer for a ridiculously low price.
Look, Marc, I get your point. But Arturia isn't a start-up. This isn't its first product release. It hasn't delivered the product when it said it would, it doesn't seem to have any idea when the product will be delivered, and (perhaps worst of all) it's done a spectacularly poor job of communicating with its target market, as this thread amply demonstrates.

bhrama
Gear: Sub 37, TR8, Streichfett, Tempest, P6
Band: Grit Lapse, Mangkind

Post by bhrama » Thu May 31, 2012 8:45 pm

"Dear Marc,
Please calm everyone one down (and subsequently further increase demand for our product) and release the much anticipated 4th video demonstrating the arpeggiator features of the Arturia MiniBrute....after all we did loan you one of our synththesizers for those very reasons, no?

Yours truly, Arturia PR Department" 8-)

jaypodesta

Post by jaypodesta » Thu May 31, 2012 8:53 pm

Aaron2 wrote:
Automatic Gainsay wrote:
Look, Marc, I get your point. But Arturia isn't a start-up. This isn't its first product release. It hasn't delivered the product when it said it would, it doesn't seem to have any idea when the product will be delivered, and (perhaps worst of all) it's done a spectacularly poor job of communicating with its target market, as this thread amply demonstrates.
I once waited twelve months for a beautiful Italian light I ordered to be delivered. Do you think I sat in the dark for twelve months?

We all have synths. We can all make music.

What's the rush?

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Thu May 31, 2012 9:24 pm

bhrama wrote:"Dear Marc,
Please calm everyone one down (and subsequently further increase demand for our product) and release the much anticipated 4th video demonstrating the arpeggiator features of the Arturia MiniBrute....after all we did loan you one of our synththesizers for those very reasons, no?

Yours truly, Arturia PR Department" 8-)

:lol:
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Thu May 31, 2012 9:33 pm

Yeah, it's been a LONG-a*s time since your last MB video. Do it for dem kidz!

Arturia has a been a software-only company for a decade..probably not a small deal to start hardware manufacturing all of a sudden.

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Post by th0mas » Thu May 31, 2012 10:14 pm

Aaron2 wrote:
Automatic Gainsay wrote:
Look at DSI tempest & elektron octatrack. Shipped early, many bugs, many missing features, people pissed. Face reality and be thankful they made the damn thing (and for so cheap!) in the first place.

edit: lets have a poll what'll come first "video 4" or the minibrute shipping :P
Last edited by th0mas on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
Gear: YES PLEASE!

Post by GuyaGuy » Thu May 31, 2012 11:47 pm

th0mas wrote:
Look at DSI tempest & elektron octatrack. Shipped early, many bugs, many missing features, people pissed.
Not to mention CHINESE DEMOCRACY!

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:15 am

Also, the Alesis Ion. It shipped with a quite broken OS, that required patching to remove "ghost editing" (parameters would literally edit themselves while you were playing), and a f**k up MIDI CC code that assumed MIDI CC's go from 14-114 instead of 0-127, making a synth with 70 knobs useless to control MIDI with.

The ghost edit patch came after a couple months, but the MIDI thing wasn't fixed until 2 years had passed.

Jorvik
Gear: Axxe, Odyssey, Pro Soloist; Mopho keys, SE; Dark Energy, A100 modules; Solina; Volcas; String Melody II; Streichfett; Little Phatty, Sub37

Post by Jorvik » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Aaron2 wrote:Look, Marc, I get your point. But Arturia isn't a start-up. This isn't its first product release. It hasn't delivered the product when it said it would, it doesn't seem to have any idea when the product will be delivered, and (perhaps worst of all) it's done a spectacularly poor job of communicating with its target market, as this thread amply demonstrates.
Surely that's the point though. Whilst Arturia as a company isn't a start-up, this is their first venture as a hardware analogue synth company, so in this realm they are a start-up. Plus they've had to go from small volume to much larger volume synth manufacture in the period when they were supposed to be just concentrating on getting the low volume run out of the door and on top of that still trying to get the increased number of units out of the door. Cut them some slack!

I'm glad I've emptied my bank account on an Oddy, otherwise I think I might be getting a bit frustrated at the wait as well :lol: I remember how agonising it was waiting for my pre-ordered Mopho Keyboard and that wasn't particularly delayed, but these are small companies where talking about where there's probably very little, if any, spare capacity to start having to take on extra tasks to get things moving as a deadline approaches.