Which bands use hardware synths?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
nuketifromorbit
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Which bands use hardware synths?

Post by nuketifromorbit » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:26 pm

matia wrote:The Soft Moon. Great people and excellent music as well driven by some nice vintage gear ;-)
Damn, I actually like this. Thanks for the recommendation.
We'll always be remembered, we'll always be dismembered.

Fatbenelton
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Sequential Prophet VS, Minimoog Reissue, Korg Odyssey FS, Analog Keys, Wavestation AD, EX8000, RX5, KR55, Minipops7, MV8800, Tenori-On

Post by Fatbenelton » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Ladytron.......
Jonny Jones

Moped10
Band: a bunch (too many to list in t

Post by Moped10 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:09 pm

I saw Rush in the late 80s, and was disappointed to see AND hear the absence of the minimoog- I can't remember which digital synth Geddy substituted those parts onto, but it made a big sonic difference-
Fast forward to last year's tour! There were many parts that were triggered samples, but those iconic Moog parts were back, thanks to the LPhatty!
Of course, if software emulations would've existed in 1987, I'm sure I wouldn't have heard the difference- And as far as I know, last year he could've been using the LP to control a software mini- Anyone know for sure?
But it definitely LOOKS cooler having the Moog on stage- And looks count, right? ;)
I know of quite a few folks that come to my band's shows just to drool over my synth... hopefully the music's a factor too! :mrgreen:

cgren72

Post by cgren72 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Moped10 wrote:Of course, if software emulations would've existed in 1987, I'm sure I wouldn't have heard the difference- And as far as I know, last year he could've been using the LP to control a software mini- Anyone know for sure?
But it definitely LOOKS cooler having the Moog on stage- And looks count, right? ;)
I know of quite a few folks that come to my band's shows just to drool over my synth... hopefully the music's a factor too! :mrgreen:

this is exactly correct about synths :)
i see it like this:
food that looks bad might taste bad, eventhough if you had your eyes closed it might taste fine.
the same goes for software and hardware.
hardware only looks better. half the time lol