ever use only one synth for a full song? (Solvent)

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
CS_TBL
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: All "In-The-Box"
Mainly FM8

Re: ever use only one synth for a full song? (Solvent)

Post by CS_TBL » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:25 pm

clubbedtodeath wrote:This thread very much reminds me of the ethos behind the one synth, one effect competition we had here a few years ago. Making an entry wasn't for everybody, but I'm sure those who finally entered found the process a form of liberation through restricted choice; a catharsis.
It was this challenge that actually triggered me to do my FM8 remixes..
"You know I love you, CS, but this is bullshit." (Automatic Gainsay)
s: VSL/FM8/EWQL/LASS h: DX7/FS1r/VL70/SY77/SN2r/JD800/JD990/XV88/Emu6400/Poly61/Amek35:12:2/genelec1030 r: Violin/AltoSax/TinWhistle c: i7-4770/RAM32GB/SSD
FM8 vids

mpa1104
Gear: Finally, enough gear that exceeds the 150 character allowance. WooHoo - I qualify as an obsessed gear-head!

Post by mpa1104 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:31 am

stephen wrote:Interesting article.... one man and his poly800

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/10/w ... new-label/
Neat article.
I found some old cassettes a few days ago (yes, cassettes, stop laughing) with some of my old stuff on it and I was reminded (a) just how much I used my Poly 800ii back then and (b) that there are still quite a few occasions when I miss the underrated little fellow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't like my personality, I have several more.

BlackGnosis
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: See signature image.
Band: Eridani V

Post by BlackGnosis » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:06 am

I'm surprised no ones posted Grooveboxes...

Personally, I've done about 3 or 4 songs using a mk only and a multi track recorder, but that was video game music and it was about when I first got it and entering the "gateway" into synthesizers.

I've often thought of doing an entire album using a virus and a controlling sampler with virus drum sounds in it. (in before VNV Referance)

I think perkristian, another forumite here in VSE has done stuff with one synth, and it came out pretty awesome. :D
Ashe37 wrote:I find it funny that you're a guitar pedal snob and yet don't own a single analog synth.