Goodbye DSI Mono Evolver

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
Gear: YES PLEASE!

Re: Goodbye DSI Mono Evolver

Post by GuyaGuy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 am

I have given a place where the off-topic topic can be on topic:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=68063
Hope I haven't created a monster...

blavatsky
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: MV8800, Sub37, Integra 7, Mininova, Fusion, Biscuit, TimeFactor, SP-555, SP-404, SPD-SX
Band: Blavatsky

Post by blavatsky » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:36 pm

just got mine in the mail today....only had about 10 min to play with, already liking it 100 times more than the desktop due to the immediate patch/sequence tweaking. Glad I did not get a little phatty stage for about the same $$$ (yes I know they are totally different...)

GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Post by GuyaGuy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:13 pm

blavatsky wrote:just got mine in the mail today....only had about 10 min to play with, already liking it 100 times more than the desktop due to the immediate patch/sequence tweaking. Glad I did not get a little phatty stage for about the same $$$ (yes I know they are totally different...)
Congrats. The Evo is definitely a far more versatile machine, capable of everything from vintage-ish to walls of screechy industrial noise. And if you ever have a hankering for a Moog tone you can get an Moog MF201 and feed the Evo into it.

Angstwulf

Post by Angstwulf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 pm

GuyaGuy wrote:And if you ever have a hankering for a Moog tone you can get an Moog MF201 and feed the Evo into it.
I'm normally irked when I see yet another "you did a typo" responses but reading that had me immediately running to the Moog page to see if there was a new pedal to lust after. I laffed at myself over that.

And then I saw the reissue delay pedal...

GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Post by GuyaGuy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:22 am

Angstwulf wrote:
GuyaGuy wrote:And if you ever have a hankering for a Moog tone you can get an Moog MF201 and feed the Evo into it.
I'm normally irked when I see yet another "you did a typo" responses but reading that had me immediately running to the Moog page to see if there was a new pedal to lust after. I laffed at myself over that.

And then I saw the reissue delay pedal...

Oops yeah 101. Although with the Evolvers CV jacks the 201 certainly plays nicely with the Evolver too.

The new Moog delay looks cool but I'm pretty damn happy with my DMMTT.